SAU Community

V35 Fuel Door

Can anyone explain how the fuel door works on the 350 GT (2003 model). Sometimes mine (rarely) flicks open when the remote is used and other times it remains locked and I have to get to the lock throught the boot to release it.

Also has anyone had troubles with the driver's power window and central locking?

Body Control Module- it operates 90% of the car - if something is out of kilter then things stop working. inputs are resistive on these so if the input (IE switch ) stuffs up - no worky.

Body Control Module- it operates 90% of the car - if something is out of kilter then things stop working. inputs are resistive on these so if the input (IE switch ) stuffs up - no worky.

Can you let me know more about the BCM - how to find out if it is faulty, do you replace it or can it be fixed or reprogrammed, is it a common fault, where is it? Thanks

• 6 months later...
My fuel door must be faulty as it will not lock when the car is locked.

There's a little solenoid which drives a plastic lock that engages with a catch in the fuel door to lock it. Locks when the rest of the car is locked. Look just inside the door and on the left you'll see the mechanism.

Apparently it is quite common for the solenoid to die - the one in mine was dead. From what I've heard fairly easy to replace if you can source a replacement solenoid.

Those who were having trouble with the door popping out - could be due the catch that engages with the lock on the fuel door being mis-aligned. Check if the catch on the door is bent or twisted in any way.

Chris - the winding up of windows when the car is locked - are you saying this can be programmed by the dealer on any V35? Or is it dependent on a sensor being there as well?

depends - have seen dealer fitted units that do it. unsure if it can be done via consult3. I'm working on this one anyway as I want to do a snazzy alarm on one and close everything with a push of a button.

any one got fast for a V36 yet?

• 2 weeks later...
the fuel door is manually operated

ie you get out of the car and push on it to pop it open

it only works when the car is unlocked, as when the car is locked the fuel door can't be opened manually

Mine can...... bummer....

Mine can...... bummer....

As I said in my post - busted solenoid actuator...

This is what you need, first part on the list since it looks like you have a Coupe (I think...):

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=1

Riverside Infiniti was one of the better places to source V35 parts though I gather the guy who was really helpful has left so maybe find another dealership. They all seem to use the same parts catalog system so shouldn't be too hard to locate this part again. In any case make sure you check that it is the correct part before ordering!

Or just source it thru Nissan...

Edited by Ant

depends - have seen dealer fitted units that do it. unsure if it can be done via consult3. I'm working on this one anyway as I want to do a snazzy alarm on one and close everything with a push of a button.

any one got fast for a V36 yet?

well, kptechnologies (http://www.kptechnologies.com) make a unit that has been made specifically for the G35 to do just this

go to their website, go to products, then select "wondow roll-up"

they sell it for USD$50

not sure if it can be integrated into our car due to wiring differences between G35 and V35 but i'll throw it out there for those interested..

well, kptechnologies (http://www.kptechnologies.com) make a unit that has been made specifically for the G35 to do just this

go to their website, go to products, then select "wondow roll-up"

they sell it for USD$50

not sure if it can be integrated into our car due to wiring differences between G35 and V35 but i'll throw it out there for those interested..

KP Technologies also do a unit which dips the side mirror(s) when you put it into reverse - tempted to get that and the window roll up unit... Though I should just build one myself, wouldn't be hard to do with a small micro...

my mirrors dip already when i put it into reverse, i think its combined in the reversing pack with the camera :P

although interstingly, when chris had my camera disconnected for a while, the mirror dipping still worked.. maybe there is a separate control module or its already got the provision for it as standard on the V35?

this was never an option for the G35, thus why KPtechnologies has made that module for them..

camera and dip mirrors are two different items. the amount of CRAP that is in the drivers kickpanel for that still scares me..

is the dipping an option? or factory fitted on all v35's ?