SAU Community

Boosting Problems: R32 Gtr - Gt2860-5's

hello,

My car developed a wee problem whilst competing in time attack.

Its stopped boosting as it should/was. Its an R32 GTR running twin GT2860-5's and Blitz SBC-iD III.

The boost controller seems to be defunkt now, and the car is boosting (very slowly) up to aprox 1bar towards redline. I've reset the controller and tried new settings - nothing. I've had a quick glance of the BC pipes - nothing :yes:

The car is running VTA DV's.

Also worth noting the car has developed a problem idleing coming off throttle. (like a GTSt with a VTA DV). This has been occuring for a while though.

It is also overfueling on and off boost. Popping and banging all the time

any suggestions?

Edited by Adam Kindness

that's the first time I've seen

VTA DV's.
to describe atmo venting bov..

anyway, as said above... something is leaking.

could be the bov.

could be that the wastegate flap is flapping and therefore takes ages to build boost.

easiest test is to remove the bov and block off the hole and hoses and go for a drive.

if issue is still there, then the wastegate flap option would be a little more difficult to test/check.

hello,

My car developed a wee problem whilst competing in time attack.

Its stopped boosting as it should/was. Its an R32 GTR running twin GT2860-5's and Blitz SBC-iD III.

The boost controller seems to be defunkt now, and the car is boosting (very slowly) up to aprox 1bar towards redline. I've reset the controller and tried new settings - nothing. I've had a quick glance of the BC pipes - nothing ;)

The car is running VTA DV's.

Also worth noting the car has developed a problem idleing coming off throttle. (like a GTSt with a VTA DV). This has been occuring for a while though.

It is also overfueling on and off boost. Popping and banging all the time

any suggestions?

Sounds like a air leak in one of the inlet pipes after the turbos to me. Worth checking that all your flexible pipes are on properly and the clips are done up tight.