SAU Community

Who Here Rides Bikes........?

Haysey

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a CBR250 (miniblade) ... collecting dust... never renewed my L's... hmmm perhaps I should...

Awwwww lets go riding on the weekend! You can be my pillion bitch! can we can we huh? huh? We could put a For Sale sticker on it?

Get your L's aswell, I need a riding partner when i get my bike :ermm:

What the hell, electric start on a bike is a bonus? :) I didn't think you could even get kick start bikes anymore, but I guess dirt biking is a different world I've never visited (only due to lack of money!)

I commute to work on a Suzuki TL1000R that I've owned since new (6 years now), plus I use it for spare transport like at the moment until I can be stuffed replacing a leaking turbo coolant line on the GTR. The bike is generally faster except in the wet, 0-100 in around 3 seconds maybe? They are both really fun though, I wouldn't want to give either of them up. The bike has 100kw and uses a bit less fuel than a Corolla (~6L/100km), which is cheap but when you consider it's 1 litre and weighs only 197kg, it's not very efficient! Conversely the GTR weighs about 8 times as much but uses only around 3 times as much fuel. And the GTR is hardly efficient on fuel.

One thing I noticed after learning to ride, it improves your road craft enormously and your idiot radar improves a lot. Even though I've crashed heaps of times (mostly while on L's) and Sydney is full of idiot drivers, so far none of my crashes have been due to another vehicle blindsiding me (knock on wood!) I don't pretend that I'm invincible but neither do I pretend that I'm going to live forever so I've accepted the risks. I feel much more vulnerable being a pedestrian though so maybe that's why I'm ok on the bike. People seem to forget that pedestrians tend to get killed more easily than anyone in road accidents, and often they are less able to get out of the way and often not at fault either.

Anyone that is worried about crashing or isn't both assertive and decisive and defensive on the road shouldn't ride, and that includes people that are already riding! Those are the people more likely to crash and with worse consequences or cause other people to have accidents. I never tell someone they should take up riding, but if someone tells me they want to get a bike I tell them all the negatives I can think of, and if they are still keen, only then will I help and encourage them. I've talked at least 2 friends out of getting bikes, I know how they drive and they would be dead within weeks on a bike!

Awwwww lets go riding on the weekend! You can be my pillion bitch! can we can we huh? huh? We could put a For Sale sticker on it?

Get your L's aswell, I need a riding partner when i get my bike :)

Ok, you twisted my arm! Il look into getting my L's again just for you Kell!

Hi,

had a few bikes in my years (I'm 46yo!). '84 GPZ 1100 was fast. Current bikes are a 1998 900ss Ducati and a 1983 Mike Hailwood Replica (MHR) Ducati (classic - noisy as hell with the Conti exhaust!!). Theyre death traps as staying alive is sometimes dependent on morons in all weather bikes (cars) The '98 is for sale if anyone's interested. Get a real bike!

• 3 months later...

Anyone else ride? I sold my GTR coming up 2 years (and yes im still sad) now, but now I get my kicks on my motorbike :blink: Got a Honda CBR600RR I bought new about 9 months ago..

I'm keen as for a ride with anyone??

Jono

Anyone else ride? I sold my GTR coming up 2 years (and yes im still sad) now, but now I get my kicks on my motorbike >_< Got a Honda CBR600RR I bought new about 9 months ago..

I'm keen as for a ride with anyone??

Jono

Long time no speak man. Not sure if you remember me... remember that fun Bathurst cruising with the quick bells line run? I had the 33 gtst back then though. Sorry to hear you sold your car.

Anyway,

I've got a Suzuki LAMS bike (GS500) at the moment, cause I'm three months away from getting my full license. I've got the cash ready to buy either 04-05 YZF-R1 and GSX-R1000, I just won't know which I prefer until I ride both. It's still a very long three months away :)

i ride an 05 r1, why dont you guys come to the wednesday night cruises held at brighton at 730pm? its on tommorrow night so it would be good to catch up and have a ride!!

i went there 3 weeks ago, the meet up is at the shell servo on the grand perade brighton, up bay st left on grand perade bout 200m on left theres a shell servo, at 730 pm meet, we left about 8, went to bondi than the back way to the cross and stopped and harrys, than from there went to granville twin servos and than to liverpool some cafe there, we took all the roads with twisties so it was an awesome ride, everyweek its different locations, so im actually going tommorrow with a couple mates, about 40-50 bikes atleast were there last time i went.

i ride an 05 r1, why dont you guys come to the wednesday night cruises held at brighton at 730pm? its on tommorrow night so it would be good to catch up and have a ride!!

you are referring to jim's group, TRELLA!

i used to ride with these guys going back 6+yrs ago, i still see him on the road (nice guy) but it is now too big & outa control!

ive got a K6 (its 2006GSXR1000 for the skyliners here that dont know what a K6 is)

here is a pic of me on the track (black bike) next to wayne gardner (red bike) heading down the straight @ the creek!

post-8728-1198121167_thumb.jpg

173.4rwhp & only 160kg makes it insane (ive done a bit of work to it hehe) but i still miss my godzilla (soon im getting another GTR 100%)