SAU Community

Super-spotted Thread

Jamezilla

Here's some hotness I've seen over the last couple weeks. Sorry for the crappy pics. Need new phone.

1. Fezza 612 Scag heading up Vic Street

2. Fezza 550 parked at my golf club (saw a DB9 in the carpark on the same day but CBFed taking a photo of that one)

3. Lambo Gallardo ragtop on Swan Street

post-766-1194402522_thumb.jpg

post-766-1194402530_thumb.jpg

post-766-1194402536_thumb.jpg

Leewah - that's my Gallardo!

R8 is quite amazing. I am in the process of arranging bookings for it over the next few weeks.

Was in so late then out so early this morning - some quick shots for you...

post-936-1194406094_thumb.jpg

post-936-1194406121_thumb.jpg

post-936-1194406156_thumb.jpg

How the feck can you tell that's your Gallardo when you can't even see the plates!!?? What? Like noone else in Melb has a Gallardo ragtop who happens to be going through Richmond on any given day? :(

Next thing you're going to tell me is that you've got the only R8 in Melb :yes:

R8 is quite amazing. I am in the process of arranging bookings for it over the next few weeks.

Showroom shmowroom - that one is LHD.

Audi have a red press car - but there sure aren't many around. I haven't seen one on the road.

Such a cool car. R-Tronic is interesting and takes a bit of getting used to. Is like the Ferrari F1 - and needs to be treated as a manual rather than a flappy-paddle auto.

Commonwealth Golf Club in Oakleigh.

There's some pretty cool cars there. On a guest day there was a Fezza 550 (I guess it's got a boot) and a 996 GT2 (clubs were in the passenger seat). I see a M6 and M5 there pretty much every Sat morning too.

Some of these people have more money than they know what to do with it.

Which golf club is that Leewah? Yarra Yarra maybe??

ahh.... pretty fricken close :thumbsup:

yeah, tell me about it. Member of The National - usual suspects, some Bentley 4 doors and the Bentley Flying Phantom whatever, M's new and old, handful AMG's, quite a few 911's, but usually no more speccy than a 996 Turbo. Hummer's (not the piss weak H3's) A couple Masserati's

Have seen a QLD, M3 CSL their one day, not many Fezza's...

And the slew of commodore/falcon equivalents down there = 5 series and E Classes.

Love the golf course car park, such a cool place to have a squiz at cars :P

James was that your Ford GT at the clipsal launch yesterday? they promised a bugatti veyron at the event next year :happy:

followed one of the R8's the other week damn sexy unit there

Edited by Whiplash

Whiplash - nah, no display confirmed as yet... but I've been speaking to the organisers, so something may happen.

Anyhoo - I saw a black Vanquish S with the DB9 S rims in Southbank today. I forget this is a 7-year old car as it still looks tough.

Also, was driving the Weltmeister racing Cayman around (I spotted TB in the city!) - sounds cool, handles well - but by golly it lacks power :nyaanyaa:

Am getting used to the R-Tronic in the R8 too. Needs to be treated like a manual so that gear changes are quick and smooth.

I found the ultimate 'wanker button' too - leaves the LED engine bay lights on when you lock it with the remote.

Cool!

J

Spotted a nice M5, I guess the V10, no expert... at the glen today being loaded onto a fully enclosed bmw airport service tow truck. Watching the loading was pretty cool, the back of the truck tilted down and the M5 just drove in.

And you have my address... I've been explaining the R8 to my son, but he's still a EVO/ Aston Martin boy :ph34r: (actually he still ask's why James sold his EVO, actually he knows the difference between a 8 and a MR now :wave: )

And i spotted a LADA Niva the other day...in Russian Racing Beige!! Actually looked good...very straight.

Actually my son and i have made up our own game, you know the 'Punch buggy *insert color*' game....well now it's "Slap Lada *insert color*" :)