SAU Community

Gtr Driveshaft Removal

I am currently trying to remove the driveshaft in my R33 GTR which goes from the transfer case to the front diff. I have undo the 4 bolts at the front diff end of the driveshaft but i am having trouble removing the shaft itself from the transfer case side because there are hoses and the gearbox mount are in the way. Is it possible to remove the shaft without undoing the gearbox mount and other fluid hoses. If anyone can help me ASAP it would be appreciated.

You need to remove the clutch slave cylinder (2x14mm bolts) to get the driveshaft past.

You should be able to clear everything else (unless you have a vspec then you need to remove the brace between the chasis rails as well)

To pull the shaft out you need to seperate the diff flange from the driveshaft then pull it down and forward to get the spline out of the transfer case

ahah actually we took out a 32 motor this weekend and 33 motor last weekend, surprising how many minor differences there are considering they are the same motor.

In particular they made the driveshaft to diff bolts damn hard to get at on the 33 due to some extra piping near the front driveshaft. And the starter motor is harder to reach too. wierd since the 32 had hydraulic hicas so you would expect more stuff down there.