SAU Community

Coil Upgrade Needed?

hey my question is as topic states, my ultimate goal is to hit the 300rwkw mark and im about to put an aftermarket ecu in. the ecu is a microtech lt12s w/plug and play loom. ive been told that ill need to upgrade the stock coils and with the price of splitfires at the moment they would be my choice (that and u need them to run the p&p loom). so i was just looking for a 2nd opinion, do i need to upgrade the stock coils for 300kw? thanks in advance.

p.s. i did search

splitfires are the easier why to go and cheapest by far, you can try use msd coils they are good but u need a auto elec to help u put them together and then u also have nice lead going from coils to spark plugs and they need a ignitor pack as well but they do the job cause they are mounted other than head and have lots of spark.

splitfires may not be "needed" as such to make 300kw but could aid getting there, with increased spark attributes in short more bang more power yeeeew... but yeah i'd wait n see if u get breaking down issues then change em if u need too