SAU Community

Plz Look At My Dyno Read Out

hi i hav a skyline r33 gtst auto, my mods are turboback exhaust, greddy fmic, blitz podfilter, greddy emanage, and dual stage boost controller, i recently put the e-manage in n got it tuned with new spark plugs. it dynoed at 194 kilwatts at 14psi, but as u can c in da readout ders a massive power loss, and den it shoots back up, my mechanic said ur cam timing is mostly likely out, i just wanted to know that when the cam timing is fixed if that is the problem, if i will gain more kilawatts, and secondly with the mods i have, is the kilwatts matching the mods i have?

post-35445-1186494110_thumb.jpg

wouldnt have a clue, only had the car for a year, i remeber when i was installing the exhaust, the mechanic said something bout the 02 sensor but i cant really remember exactly what 4

looks to me that he didnt touch anything on the map before 5000rpm (i.e. r&r looks like its still there).

timing is adjustable with the emanage so that was purely an excuse to cover for his shit tune.

did you get an AFR readout too?

I know its quite obviouse on the dyno graph that theres a big flat spot at 4000rpm, but have you noticed this before?

It may just be in this guys tune and hes looking to get a few more $$$$$$ from you, I've seen this happen before.

my guess is that your coils or plugs aren't coping with the boost and it is missfiring, then coming good up top. what gap are the new plugs, and what sort are they?

when i get a hold of ucd15r33's dyno graph i will post it. it did the same thing. there is a big dip in i where it misfired then came good, and his doesn't have rich and retard.

thats boost, not afr

the boost is all over the place, and too high for a stock turbo

the highest boost is at the worst power. could it be the stock turbo not dealing with the boost level too well?

looks to me that its too consistent to be a coil/spark issue. and it handles it well after what looks to be 5000rpm.

if it was a spark issue then that would've been the excuse his tuner gave him, not the timing one.

im going to go out on a limb and say that the tuner didnt know how to tune out the R&R, so he said something was wrong with his timing.

ive seen better tuning on a safc. scratch that... ive seen better curves on a standard ecu!

if i was you i'd go back and make him fix it. if he cant then make sure you get your money back.

Edited by SECUR1TY

ive seen better tuning on a safc. scratch that... ive seen better curves on a standard ecu!

the best curve i have seen was on a stock ecu on my last magna. it was perfect. no spikes, nothing.

maybe thats when vtek y0! is kicking in? ;)

if not then i agree with the below

im going to go out on a limb and say that the tuner didnt know how to tune out the R&R, so he said something was wrong with his timing.

if i was you i'd go back and make him fix it. if he cant then make sure you get your money back.

who tuned your car

go to a new tuner

get a better boost controller

edit - tune first as there MAY be a link between the two issues

Edited by VB-

i'd say timing, boost controller and rich and retard....

seems like boost is spiking hard and then the car goes into R&R.... dunno if its coilpacks cos theres no way it'd hit 194 kws with faulty pack.

so i agree with VB

new controller,

new tuner

good luck, let us know how it goes.