SAU Community

275-300kws

Adz2332

Have unfortunalty done the sums and cant afford the GTR 33 i was looking at so to drown my sorrows im thinking of upgrading my GTST series 2 33 abit....

My mods so far include -

- Power FC & Controller

- Fuel Pump

- Full Turbo back stainless steel 3inch exhaust

- big front mount

- pod

- new big radiator

- just over 200 kws at the wheels.

I was talking to shaun at boostworxs and he says with the current set up has pretty much maxed out the turbo...

So im looking for a new turbo. I dont wanna spend a fortune, was looking at slides turbos but i reali want 275 or closer to 300kws at the wheels and i dont think they will cut it....

Its a daily driven car so i want minimal turbo lag also....

Any suggestions?

Ill also get 555c injectors when i get the turbo probably deauchwirks ones

anything else i have over looked that i should upgrade??

Thanks

Adam

Edited by Adz2332

afm, alot of people will suggest suspension.

personally i wouldn't put stock internals through more than 260ish

i was under the impression getting close to 300kw would be limit for the stock internals

very expensive.....thats why im selling up and bought a 32 gtr

haha yer i was thinking of doing that and go to a GTR 33 but cant quite afford it... And i think the 32gtrs are getting abit old... dont want a heap of problems

When the new turbo goes on in a month, i'm not going over 260, although i probably wont be able to get her much further anyway on a gtrs setup...

250 to 270 seems to be the accepted limit round these parts...

cheers for that

whats a standered GTR r32 run in kws?

kw only tell part of the story - even R32 GTRs are a LOT heavier than the 25t, so that effects power/weight and the fact that the engines are similar size means there is a huge difference in the effective power delivery. I am running pretty much the same turbo on my 25 as Cubes is and I haven't been in a GTR running stock twins that pulls as hard as my 25t does.

kw only tell part of the story - even R32 GTRs are a LOT heavier than the 25t, so that effects power/weight and the fact that the engines are similar size means there is a huge difference in the effective power delivery. I am running pretty much the same turbo on my 25 as Cubes is and I haven't been in a GTR running stock twins that pulls as hard as my 25t does.

damn this is hard and a confusing decision......

i like the idea of awd and the fact its a gtr...

i want the fastest car i can get in the 1/4 mile, and i have the choice out of around 220kw gtr or around 260kw gtst 33...

damn this is hard and a confusing decision......

i like the idea of awd and the fact its a gtr...

i want the fastest car i can get in the 1/4 mile, and i have the choice out of around 220kw gtr or around 260kw gtst 33...

In my opinion a 260rwkw GTS25t on a set of MickyT ET Streets would rape an 220wkw R32 GTR down the 1/4.

i have the same problem, the gtr is superior in every way to the gst-s rb25. i want a gtr, so to kill that urge ive just got a hks gt30r stuck on my gts-t r33. apparently they pulled over 300rwkw with mine, but il be limiting that to 270-280. obviously the complete fuel system is upgraded ect.

i have the same problem, the gtr is superior in every way to the gst-s rb25. i want a gtr, so to kill that urge ive just got a hks gt30r stuck on my gts-t r33. apparently they pulled over 300rwkw with mine, but il be limiting that to 270-280. obviously the complete fuel system is upgraded ect.

yer i dunno im leaning towards to the gtr 32

yeah i love the look and the performance of the 32 gtr, it seems like its 15-20years ahead of time, but it seems to hard to find one that hasnt had the absolute crap thrashed out of it. im sure there may be some decent ones out there. all the best with the 32 search. i would swap my car for a decent 32 gtr any day.

Hey ADZ

I just completed my upgrade.

I was able to get 261rwkw without spending 4k for a turbo.

This is how I look at it.

Keep the GTST for a year or more and then trade it in for GTR-33.

The GTST will hold more value as a performance car then a 200KW car.

IF you own your GTST then just trade it now and get a loan for 15k to 20K.