SAU Community

Its Hard To Sell Skylines These Days

abcent

what colour would you want? on any car  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

its very hard to get the money these cars are worth these days, I was wondering that if it was a custom colour, would you be more likely to sell it & get a decent price for it??

whats your opinion?

my 33 is just white, its an awsome quality car that ive spent heaps of time & money in getting all the right top quality bang for buck mods, yet i've had such little interest. If I gave it a good quality low budget re-spray (lots of friends that are spray painters), think it'd get more interest?

have you recently sold a Skyline? what colour was it an how long did it take to sell? did you get what you were after for it?

look forward to seeing people feeback

cheers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive noticed sunroof helps HEAPS when it comes to selling!!

After owning 2 black 33's the next one would NOT be black.. Worst colour to keep clean.

& yes i do believe a custom colour would help, but nothing too bright/ricey.

I'd kill for a bright red 33, an agressive gunmetal grey, even something different like a jap spec browny colour...

However ive always loved a clean white!! Look awsome at night.

Edited by Dean_HR31

Have you tried a gay colour like PINK to match this gay thread? :(

I joke I joke..

the problem is the price.

skyline owners seem to think their car is worth more than what they are.

the fact is, if you have a series one with original engine, turbo.. and have added the usual things to get 200rwkw, you'll be lucky to get $13K for a car with good body and interior.

series 2 with the above would be lucky to get $16K

these days series 1 with catback and pod filter with stock wheels and shit would be worth about $10K

if it's auto, say hello to $8K-$10K

now we'll see all the R33 owners get their feathers all ruffled up blah blah...

that's just how it is these days.

if you paid $18K for it a few years ago, you're going to lose money.

if someone buys it now for $12K, in a few years time, they will sell it for about $10K

Edited by GTST

hmm the sad truth...

Thats y i will never bother selling my 33 i have now.. Seriously whats the point??

A skyline that owes u 25+ that u struggle to get 15 for is not worth selling.

GTS-T's are also becoming worthless because of how cheap the GTR's are going!

Sad/perthetic/disapointing/annoying/sickening thing is that VL Turbos with a front mount & king springs are

still fetching 10 grand++.

There is a standard BT1 on calaisturbo for sale for $15k FIRM, and people are going CRAZY over it.

Personally id prefer a trolley with a custom fitted whiteline sway bar.

I don't see how a wacky colour would help resale, probably make it worse if anything. I thought black always held its value pretty well.

I fell in love with the white R33's yonks ago but there are just so damn many of them out there now. I actually went out to buy one and ended up with the R34, in white. Well at least it's pearl white.

Well i lost 10 grand in 3 years on my skyline lol. It hurts but meh, they arent worth shit nemore. Mine was a series 2 (white) with 250rwkw and sold it for $17000 in september last year. And i still reckon i was lucky to get this price.

Also don't bother changing to color. All i think of when someone has changed the factory color is, "Hmmm i wonder how bad the accident was"

Edited by krzysiu

changing the colour i dont think will help you, however it may bring a different customer to the car, i think you will find that younger kids would pay the higher prices for the cars as they didn't know any different, however with the new p plate laws etc i think this is changing. also i think the negative press about imports doesn't help either.

Yeah our cars are not worth much now. Im looking at getting rid of mine soon and buy a new car thats more practical "DAMN GIRLFREIND" and yeah seems like im going to have to swallow my pride and probably trade it in because selling a skyline is very damn hard.

Yeah our cars are not worth much now. Im looking at getting rid of mine soon and buy a new car thats more practical "DAMN GIRLFREIND"

do i hear the sound of whips cracking here?

haha

Also don't bother changing to color. All i think of when someone has changed the factory color is, "Hmmm i wonder how bad the accident was"

maybe the body just had crap paint and they resprayed it, doesnt necessarily mean it was in an accident.

Unfortunatly it seems that the market for 33's is so flooded that there are people who are always willing to drop their prices just to make a quick sale. This bring the overall market down as there are so many available at redicuolously low prices, some are actually very good condition as well. As we all know, you will hardly ever get your money back on BPU mods.

1) It's not hard to sell any car - you just drop the price - easy, it will sell

2) The problem is not what the car is worth - it's what someone will pay for the car. That's the price that needs to be looked at.

Selling cars = buyers market - always !

Unfortunatly it seems that the market for 33's is so flooded that there are people who are always willing to drop their prices just to make a quick sale. This bring the overall market down as there are so many available at redicuolously low prices, some are actually very good condition as well. As we all know, you will hardly ever get your money back on BPU mods.

I was having the exact same thoughts. VL turbos in decent nick are rare so they will fetch $$. The reason why ya cant get much $$ for your Skyline is because of that....you're selling it...and so are so many other people.

So if ya put plenty of cash into it, then keep it. They are good cars with lots of potential. If youre gettin bored, im sure there is something you can do to it to keep ya interested. :D

^^yeah exactly, just to add to that. you have to take into consideration that the market is flooded with R33's specially at the moment. but they are a 'drivers car' and the value will hold on them and interest in them will rise again once demand for them is lower. or when they become more of a rareity (spelling)

best bet is to hold onto it, love it and spend your money in the right place and it will hold value.

on a personal note, rediculous colours like bright oranges, greens etc tend to lower the cars value as a pose to say a real nice GTR silver, black or a white with a bit of tiny flake in it :D

ads

<<<<PS: why the feck does that say RB20E... should say SR20DET hehe

Edited by DRKJET

Its just simple supply and demand.

R33 = most popular import on the roads.

As such, theres heaps of supply and if demand drops (for example, when the gov't introduces laws banning turbocharged cars for some potential buyers), the prices will need to come down.

Its simple economics, nothing more...

Its hard to sell an R33, my R33 GTS-t in black, manual, took ages to sell. I got 10g for it with a rwc... I only had it for 2 years but I picked it up at a good price $14.5g as it needed a few small things that cost next to nothing to do. So I didnt do to bad but yes it takes a while till the right buyer comes along.

Dont change the colour!