SAU Community

How Long Does Compliance Take?

timheather

Hey mate,

Im in Melbourne. Did you use Autohub? Our cars probably did come in on the same shipment. I reckon i would be ok with this wait if there was decent communication and clear justification why it has taken a month since they told me they sent off for the plates.

didn't anyone tell you that all clean and straight-forward, private/broker import cars automagically get targeted for "random" inspection? thereby holding the process up by several weeks.

The Department of Infrastructure and Transport's "random" inspection process is very important to ensure that while your car is being inspected all of the accident grade, wound-back dealer cars are ushered through the process without obstruction.

also - are you suggesting they should be held accountable for delays far exceeding their alleged "15 working days from receipt" processing target? LOL - remember we're talking about the public circus.

;)

Btw, Im pretty sure that the RAWS team are contracted out by Dotars and are not public servants.

Not sure what auto hub is.

I purchased mine through Iron chef.

But if you are having the same holdups that Sydney is having then I feel a lot better. I guess it's a holdup with paperwork or plates and we just have to wait

When I imported early 2013, I had about an extra 6 weeks delay. Mine ended up being due to Dotars training " A new girl" as they had been understaffed for a while. They stuffed up the paperwork and had to resubmit it again........... Once Iron Chef got onto them it went much quicker after that :banana:

Very nice! Looks like you scored some decent rims as well. Is that a factory bumper?

Heres my new daily beast!

The cube! niceeee

Yeah scored some nice SE37's and suspension.

Factory series 2 bumper (This will be one of the first mods haha because it looks horrid)

My GTR took less than a month for compliance as it was relatively stock and i had no issues. Car arrived on Oct 9 2013 and was ready by October 26th. However I bundled rego into it to be done which took another week or so to do but I was fine with that which delayed the car from being released until early November 9. Purchased via Iron Chef.

The wait is always a killer, but you guys are almost there!

just thought id chime in as i believe im in the same boat as you guys you can check the status of your car via dotars "Search for Approved Vehicles" and type in your VIN which is on your auction sheet if you dont know it already, mine got approved on Feb 28th so im guessing 2-3 week till im registered.Its true the wait has been absolute torture, especially seeing GTR drive past, you absorb every noise sound and smell knowing soon this will be in your possession.........

Edited by IllestR33

They told me it should be this week but I still haven't heard anything.

Might try and find the auction sheets and get the vin number to do that check.

Lucky for me I have a nice and powerful 33 to drive for the time being haha but thanks heaps for the link

heya, you don't need plate number. just grab the chassis number from your auction sheet and type it into the 'VIN' field - remove any dashes, leave the plate number field blank:

eg. BZ11344272 or ER34025033

then hit search and it will return the compliance plate info. if the car hasn't been complied yet you'll get the "no records matching..." message.

Edited by dodgyimports