SAU Community

Timing Light On The Gold Coast?

made_guy

Hey, I bought the cheapest timing light from supercheap and found it is only good for regular spark plug leads (not an inductive one and not really coil pack plug friendly) so if anyone has a timing light i can borrow and lives on the gold coast give me a holla please

Cheers

Dane

i've got a cheap one and it picks up fine off the igniter pack loop. just twice the value, 15deg show up as 30deg. unless you double wrap the loop then its right. and i have tested this at a workshop to see if it was accurate or not.

just thought about it. you probably don't have an igniter pack hey?

hmm not sure, i have the loop at the back of the coil back cover, but was gonna take it off that white wire from the no.1 coil pack itself

now u just need to hack some holes in the front bar for more airflow

donesky :happy: though i've just removed the foglights+indicators from my bar rather than cutting into them. next job is the pod cover to get rid of that nasty hot'air lag. oh and now i want a new plenum - that 'front pipe' across the front of the engine with these fmic kits gets way hotter than i expected.

also noticed that it's really not hard to get away without cutting fan blades to install these with only a tiny bit of bonnet contact if any at all!

Edited by made_guy