SAU Community

Pedders, Your Experiances?

Fishpaste~

Hey,

The guy from adealide tyre power have recomended i take my car to a pedders to get some work done on it, and i was just wonderingif anyone has used one and their thoughts?

thanks

Used the guys at Pedders prospect about 6 months ago to check out the issues with my suspension on my VN Commodore. They nailed it down to a hell of a lot of dodgy bushes and a stuffed steering rack... they charged around $1000 to replace all the bushes, still havent bothered to replace the rack ;P.... dunno how good they'd be with R32's but I was pretty happy with their service!

Cheers

-D

Edit: I will however be taking the R32 there in a couple weeks, they only charge $50 or so for a full suspension/bushes checkout.

Edited by Dohmar

Never actually used them, but have had pleasant experiences when getting quotes etc. with Action Suspension at Edwardstown. Seem like they know thier stuff VERY well, and do a lot of suspension work for insurance companies/crash repairers etc.

May be another option?

get the $14 inspection so you can get a list of part needing replacing, also take it with a pintch of salt. they tend to over quote. I have new kyb's,king springs and sway bars. apparently the shocks are leaking already and the sway bar bushes are gone..haha about a year old and only done about 7k on road. but they did find my problem and i had that fixed by someone cheaper i sourced the parts myself. I did in the end replace my sway bar bushes to a stiffer compound but there was nothing wrong with the old ones.

the guys at adealide tyre power beleive something (forgot what, im sooo bad with names) has been pushed back and isnt letting me get enough -ve caster...

Heya

I think theyre probably referring to the suspension plate... When I crashed my r31 into a kerb, the entire plate was pushed back, it required unbolting from the chassis and the boltholes reinforced. Before I got it fixed the castor was totally screwed and the guys at Bob Janes couldnt prevent the wheels scraping the inner guard (I hit at 80kph or so, unsurprisingly the suspension needed looking at)

I'm with Madaz. Those plates dont just move... its possibly pushed back due to incorrect suspension setup but more likely to have taken a hit to dislodge it.

Isnt very expensive to fix, just has to be unbolted and rebolted (if the plate itself hasnt sustained damage). My panel beater/mechanic/handyman at the time fixed it within an hour one saturday arvo...

-D