SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

yeh thats what was fixed, your reo bar is damaged aswell so i found when i did your trans cooler.. but a literally a dent.. nothing big at all.

Ah yeah. How much do you think you've spent on it to get it back to a car in good condition (excluding mods) .... if indeed it is in good condition baring the water in the footwell lol

I know this was directed at Ironpaw, but I have had 3 serious issues with mine.

1. Passenger wheel bearing assembly (Nissan replaced it with a new one for $211)

2. Turbo died... as they do

3. Radiator died (it is a 16mm thick core designed for Japanese Summers... not regular 40+ Aussie summers)

217,000kms and is a 2001 build.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be insulting, just that yeh in my eyes I am downgrading - I'm putting away the spots car for something practical and yeh probably a lot less exciting but paying for it ... usually its the other way around I would have thought.

Dunno what you mean by "exciting"... was it the manual transmission and the polished runners?

Couldn't have been the lack of power, lack or torque or FWD... Camry's have all of those things and they are not exciting.

If you keep an M35 stock, the only thing you'll have to change will be the turbo when it dies.

Just service it regularly (I do 10,00km services) and it will be a damn reliable and comfortable car.

Of I forgot my car had a small prang before. But the seller showed my the insurance receipts and repair bill to confirm that the damage was only cosmetic...

I know your car quite well Jethro......did he told you that he ran into someone on one side and then swerved into someone on the other side?.....12K was a good buy still for that car as far as I know it was fixed well.

In saying that 14K is a cheaper version of one of these at the moment IMO......they are around at 14K but as I have seen many and been in many M35's you are better off spending the other 4-6G and getting a good one.

Just remember if they look ruff when advertised then there are bigger problems to sort.

I know this was directed at Ironpaw, but I have had 3 serious issues with mine.

1. Passenger wheel bearing assembly (Nissan replaced it with a new one for $211)

2. Turbo died... as they do

3. Radiator died (it is a 16mm thick core designed for Japanese Summers... not regular 40+ Aussie summers)

217,000kms and is a 2001 build.

Dunno what you mean by "exciting"... was it the manual transmission and the polished runners?

Couldn't have been the lack of power, lack or torque or FWD... Camry's have all of those things and they are not exciting.

If you keep an M35 stock, the only thing you'll have to change will be the turbo when it dies.

Just service it regularly (I do 10,00km services) and it will be a damn reliable and comfortable car.

Lack power & lack of torque? - what does that even mean? its all relative. Comparing an Alfa to a Camry is fairly laughable I think we'd all agree, positive, negative or otherwise, they're completely different cars and I surely don't need to explain that to anyone with an inkling of interest in cars.

FWD sucks a bit but feel through the wheel is second to none.

Those issues you've stated aren't anything major except for the turbo replacement but I guess when you buy one, you factor that into your offer and what you can afford.

I know your car quite well Jethro......did he told you that he ran into someone on one side and then swerved into someone on the other side?.....12K was a good buy still for that car as far as I know it was fixed well.

In saying that 14K is a cheaper version of one of these at the moment IMO......they are around at 14K but as I have seen many and been in many M35's you are better off spending the other 4-6G and getting a good one.

Just remember if they look ruff when advertised then there are bigger problems to sort.

Well, I think this has been a great discussion (well for me anyway) certainly given me something to think about or not think about. Looks like I won't be buying a Stagea after all. The way the cookie crumbles i suppose.

Edited by Drogba

Lack power & lack of torque? - what does that even mean? its all relative. Comparing an Alfa to a Camry is fairly laughable I think we'd all agree, positive, negative or otherwise, they're completely different cars and I surely don't need to explain that to anyone with an inkling of interest in cars.

For a car of it's weight (around 1300kgs), IMO it lacks the power and torque to make it exciting.

I compared the Alfa to a Camry based on insufficiently excitable power/torque for the chassis.

Having driven both, I had the same dull feeling when stepping out of either.

I guess instead of labelling an M35 as a boring car, you should drive one first.

FWD sucks a bit but feel through the wheel is second to none.

Those issues you've stated aren't anything major except for the turbo replacement but I guess when you buy one, you factor that into your offer and what you can afford.

Very true on both accounts (FWD sucks and factor in a turbo replacement)

Lucky there are guys here with experience that can help new potential buyers :)

Edited by iamhe77

...FWD sucks a bit but feel through the wheel is second to none. ...

FWD and feel through wheel can't be used in the same sentence. Even the Volkswagen GTI Golf doesn't have 'great' feel through the wheel.

Datsun 1600.... Now that is feel through the wheel (and feel through everything else for that matter :D )

FWD and feel through wheel can't be used in the same sentence. Even the Volkswagen GTI Golf doesn't have 'great' feel through the wheel.

Datsun 1600.... Now that is feel through the wheel (and feel through everything else for that matter :D )

LOL oh how i wish I had a dato

The seller didn't volunteer that info, but the repair bill told me so...

I was satisfied that it was repaired well (the statesroad guy could only detect the repairs to the left...he never mentioned the right...I guess the repairs were pretty good!)) and took the plunge...

too be honest I reckon the water leaking issue was probably caused by the LPG installer. They did drill a hole in the wrong place in the filler cap area :domokun:

Re discussion the GTV, in my opinion it is the most exciting car i've driven (more so than a rex, more so than an xr6t, more so than a clubby and more so than tuned gtst).

That is my opinion based on 4 years of driving it, lol certainly my opinion can't be changed, so I don't really see any point in discussing it???

It could have a power to weight ratio of 1 and I could still think it was more exciting because excitement is an emotion that isn't easily explainable (I should know, I've got honours in psychology).

I mean, I took my mates VE SS out for a spin a couple of weeks ago and it was such a dull experience. I'm like why can't I feel how far I can push this thing, where is the bottom acceleration, throttle response etc. Comparing that to my Alfa, I could breathe on the gas and it responds, I can drive it to 99% because I know exactly when it's going to break lose. BUT this is just my experience and it may not hold true for anyone else.

Edit: Plus this is a Stagea M35 discussion, apologise for bring my car into it, it wasn't my intention to discuss it or feel the need to defend it at length.

Edited by Drogba

Re discussion the GTV, in my opinion it is the most exciting car i've driven (more so than a rex, more so than an xr6t, more so than a clubby and more so than tuned gtst).

That is my opinion based on 4 years of driving it, lol certainly my opinion can't be changed, so I don't really see any point in discussing it???

It could have a power to weight ratio of 1 and I could still think it was more exciting because excitement is an emotion that isn't easily explainable (I should know, I've got honours in psychology).

I mean, I took my mates VE SS out for a spin a couple of weeks ago and it was such a dull experience. I'm like why can't I feel how far I can push this thing, where is the bottom acceleration, throttle response etc. Comparing that to my Alfa, I could breathe on the gas and it responds, I can drive it to 99% because I know exactly when it's going to break lose. BUT this is just my experience and it may not hold true for anyone else.

Edit: Plus this is a Stagea M35 discussion, apologise for bring my car into it, it wasn't my intention to discuss it or feel the need to defend it at length.

I respect your psychological diagnosis, and the feel of the GTV is probably better from the seat of your pants.

I can't argue with your logic, and I wont. I merely point out from an engineering perspective, and the seat of my pants.

I'm glad the GTV does it for you, and agree with the rex, XR6T and the clubby. :thumbsup:

Sorry, I feel like I've hijacked the forum.

Just one more question, someone raised the possibility of importing.

How is J-Spec as an importer? I know you can't bag out company's on here but there are ways to do that without actually doing it .... or you could pm me.

Edited by Drogba

J-Spec are "okay" :rolleyes: ... but if you are going to import, maybe speak to Kristian (Iron Chef Imports), Ben at Northshore Prestige, Southern Special Vehicles (only heard good things) or Aaron at Import Monster.

Have you driven an M35 yet?

J-Spec are "okay" :rolleyes: ... but if you are going to import, maybe speak to Kristian (Iron Chef Imports), Ben at Northshore Prestige, Southern Special Vehicles (only heard good things) or Aaron at Import Monster.

Have you driven an M35 yet?

Cheers

As I said before, I drove the C34 but it was the most god awful experience. I'm in Tassie and there aren't any M35's down here as far as I know. Definitely none for sale so I can't exactly test drive one.