SAU Community

Microtech Ecu Or Dr Drift?

Hi all..

I have the choice of getting a Microtech for my R33 or going to Dr Drift so they can tinker with my ECU and still get some big power out of it.

Microtech is about $1400-$1500 from one of our suppliers here and to get my ECU done, Dr Drift quoted me about $1300...

I thought Dr Drift were cheaper then that and now I don't know what to do!!

What are your thoughts people??

take into account that you will still need to pay to get the micro tech fitted aswell as dyno time to tune it

Yeah, it's looking like Dr Drift for me... that was what I was leaning towards anyway. They sound like they know what they are doing....

can I ask why you're not going with something simple like a power FC?

only thing about a flashed ECU is that its a once off, and to redo it you'll have to reflash the thing, and there's only so many people who have the knowledge to do it. At least with a power FC you have a choice of tuners.

that said, given the choice between microtech and sam, I'd go with sammety sam.

can I ask why you're not going with something simple like a power FC?

only thing about a flashed ECU is that its a once off, and to redo it you'll have to reflash the thing, and there's only so many people who have the knowledge to do it. At least with a power FC you have a choice of tuners.

that said, given the choice between microtech and sam, I'd go with sammety sam.

PowerFC too hard to find now.... Anyone selling??

depends on how much power you are after, tweaking the comp will only get you so much power output, can you run larger injectors off a tweaked comp? or do you have to run a aftermarket ECU? i have a microtech ECU with 550cc injectors ect., you can get them cheaper than that second hand...