SAU Community

R33 Interior?

I would be very interested in a photo of exactly how these stock tweeters are positioned. I have to install mine and am trying to figure out exactly where to drill...:P Can't figure out where the best place to put them is at them moment. Even if someone has some that look like they are oem then please post or PM me.

Thanks.

i had kenwood 2 ways in mine-- with a carbon fibre look!!

unfortuately also had the usual japanese deteriorated (?) cone surrounds!!!

splits must have been an option, 2 auto salon mags back they did a speaker change and used an R33, now their photos showed the supporter bracket for the front speaker with a small flat pannel on the side were they fitted the cross overs, mine doesn't have this though!

Ripped Off :D

I'm not to sure about my speakes other then my front ones are dead, but I got two single head units stock tape deck with a single din sony underneath it and a kenwood 10 stack in the boot that didn't work.

Ahh so that's how that did it. Thanks for the pic JL. There's no way i'm gonna try to do that but!

Yeah I have the Quarts too Matty, freaking oversized(6.5" my arse!), what a mission that was. But they sound awesome. I want to put the tweeters in the door like you, and make it look as standard as possible. Whenever you get round to it I would be interested in that pic. Thanks.

the little triangular plastic piece, the one in btwn yr window n yr door...right where it meets the dash...the little on...like a quarter window in old cars...

i had a set of "axis" splits installed when i bought the car...whatever brand that was...sounded not all that good...

i took it off, crossovers and all.....read the Car audio section n ull seee the crap i had...

bought new JBL Gt series 3 way coaxials...and screwed em in straight into the enclosure without any drilling whatsoever.

paraniod abt drilling into factory parts.

wired straight frm e deck and my rears, i removed the clarions that were made from stuff like f*ckin paper...

put in pioneer 2 ways and they sound great now...

just waiting for an amp.

the axis tweets still sit on the triangular piece tho cause theres a massive hole behind it and u know, leave it there altho it serves no purpose other than cover up e hole

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by jlnewton

Mine were the carbon fibre 'look' kenwoods aswell.

Here is a pic of my passenger door with the factory tweeter location in the A pillar.  Managed to squeeze an infinity kappa tweeter behind there, very tight though.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/at...=&postid=328659

ahhh exactly the same as mine, i thought mine were standard, has anyone managed to pillar mount a guage with the Factory splits still mounted on the pillar?

Cheers

Kris