SAU Community

Dyno Day, late July

Merli

Originally posted by Ustasa

My partner and I thought by giving everyone 3-4 runs and an explanation of what their car is doing was a good way to build up a repoire with people.

Obviously we were mistaken. If people want a dyno day where making $ is the prime consideration over car performance then I suggest you go somewhere else.

As for our existing customers from this forum and any new people interested in the technical side of things, we are more then happy to have a chat about your plans ;)

I guess this just makes my point. Thank you.

The idea of a dyno day isn't to "build a report" with potential customers, or to have a 30 minute chat to them about "what their car is doing"... Neither is it day where "making $ is the prime consideration".

The idea of a dyno day is to run what you brung, and compare power figures of cars on the same dyno, on the same day. Get the car on the dyno, run it and get it off, so you don't wait around for 4 hours to see your car run.

As for your suggestion of "go somewhere else", I shall take your advice if I ever organise a dyno day, and will pass on your sentiments to anyone else who may organise one. Thank you again.

Merli you have a different perspective on what a dyno day should consist of. I for one enjoy the discussions with everyone while other cars are running and I'm not in a hurry to 'Get the car on the dyno, run it and get it off'. I'd rather have a few minutes to maybe fine tune a few PowerFC settings without having the next person hassling to get onto the dyno so they can leave.

I vote you're first on the dyno for this day being organised.

Anyways, wherever you guys decide to hold this day I'll be there.

Originally posted by Grim

Merli you have a different perspective on what a dyno day should consist of. I for one enjoy the discussions with everyone while other cars are running and I'm not in a hurry to 'Get the car on the dyno, run it and get it off'. I'd rather have a few minutes to maybe fine tune a few PowerFC settings without having the next person hassling to get onto the dyno so they can leave.

I vote you're first on the dyno for this day being organised.

Anyways, wherever you guys decide to hold this day I'll be there.

Absolutely. That's the whole point. To discuss with other owners what mods they've done, and to see the results.

I take it you have never been to a Unigroup dyno day then? If you're sitting there for 2 hours, and only see 4 cars run, it gets very boring, very fast.

Get the car on, run it, get it off, and you can chat to the owner outside whilst the next car is running.

Performance Forum's dyno day at CRD was *EXCELLENT*... One of the best I have been to. There was a line of 2-3 cars waiting to go straight on, it took about 10-15 minutes per car (depending on power and the level of strapping/ballsat needed)... Run the car, get it off and people can go and chat with the owner when it's off... The car doesn't need to sit on the dyno for 30-40 minutes for you to chat with other owners about their car...

Feel free to pass “my sentiments” onto who ever you wish to :)

At the end of the day we like to know that our customers have the utmost faith in our ability to achieve what they desire. If in the past we have been slow at times then we apologise. But we’d rather take our time and do the job right (like strap cars down properly) then just hurry people up for the sake of efficiency.

After all if the people want to chat and make a dyno “day” out of then we shall do so. Since the majority of people whom I’ve spoken to prefer our way of doing things then that’s the way it is going to stay.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Ustasa

I'm not going to bring up everything again but i'd just like to say that i think Unigroup's service is deffinetly 10/10 and i know where i will be taking my car when i need it tuned.

I wouldn't mind having a run at CRD either though coz i've never been there and would like to know where the place is and what services they offer etc.