SAU Community

Intergrate Alarm Into Factory Fob

Hi

Few weeks back I bought a 2004 Skyline V35 250GT sedan as our family drive. It has central locking, but no alarm. The key is like what you find on most modern cars, it has a lock and unlock botton as a boot release on the key.

I was interested in getting the mongoose MAP80G installed as it can use the factory fob to operate the alarm.

1) Does anyone here have the MAP80G or the M80G installed and can they provide some feedback on it (relabilty, cost etc)

2) I was wondering if anyone knows of or can recommend a mongoose dealer/installer to install this for me. I'm in Auckland (NZ).

3) Other models perhaps , I was also looking at the Dynatron D4800 ? I don't really mind if it's 4 star of 5 star, the car is a family seden, not exactly high risk.

All the installers i've talked to have said it's not going to be an issue to intergrate the factory fob into the alarm system.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it should have a facgtory immobiliser and alarm in it.. it might not make a sound when you press the button though

try pressing and holding the "lock" button (it might be 10sec or 30sec) and it should sound the horn when you arm the car..

i have not donethis myself as i don't like our horn but according to g35driver.com it should work

the fitters are correct. that car runs a version of CAN and its fun to say the least. I have done a fair few 350z's (same platform.) and they are interesting. I would be looking for a CAN version first off then the mongoose version - make DAMN SURE the fitter knows the car!

Waz,

I'm going to put yours through its paces when I get it :wave:

Hey Guys,

When you say intergrate is it just the control of the alarm from the FOB you are after or more referring to having the two systems work together without getting in each other's way?

Asking cause I know there's been a few horror stories with aalarms and the 350Z's and V35's.

I've got an autowatch that I control from a seperate FOB but it works with the factory system without any problem. I can use one or the other or both.

If trying to get the alarm to operate from the factory key is the issue, then why would you go through the hassle if there has been probs in the past.

Sorry for the ignorance, just want to get a better understanding as to why there has been so many hassles with fitting alarms to these cars.

the fitters are correct. that car runs a version of CAN and its fun to say the least. I have done a fair few 350z's (same platform.) and they are interesting. I would be looking for a CAN version first off then the mongoose version - make DAMN SURE the fitter knows the car!

Waz,

I'm going to put yours through its paces when I get it :yucky:

Hi Chris. What exactly is CAN ?

Basically what i'm trying to achieve is the same has whats done to my wifes car. She has a BMW Z3 with a factory central locking remote on the key. She has a mongoose alarm installed and it arms and disarms the car though her BMW factory remote. Its handy because it means I don't have to carry around another FOB.

Hey Guys,

When you say intergrate is it just the control of the alarm from the FOB you are after or more referring to having the two systems work together without getting in each other's way?

Asking cause I know there's been a few horror stories with aalarms and the 350Z's and V35's.

I've got an autowatch that I control from a seperate FOB but it works with the factory system without any problem. I can use one or the other or both.

If trying to get the alarm to operate from the factory key is the issue, then why would you go through the hassle if there has been probs in the past.

Sorry for the ignorance, just want to get a better understanding as to why there has been so many hassles with fitting alarms to these cars.

he's trying to use the OE key to trigger the alarm. it can be done (and has multiple times by me on a 350z) but the person doing it needs to know what they are doing.

fanta,

Controller Area Network- ln laymans terms - take concept of the internet and squash it into your car. everything talks to everything else via a computer command. break the link and it all comes to a grinding halt..

I got a autowatch alarm installed and also glass senser.

the alarm control unit is actually runing through the factory unit.

I used the Nissan FOB to loak/unlock the door. Everthing is working as factory expect the glass break into, the horn will make huge noise.

I like it.

$350

I got a autowatch alarm installed and also glass senser.

the alarm control unit is actually runing through the factory unit.

I used the Nissan FOB to loak/unlock the door. Everthing is working as factory expect the glass break into, the horn will make huge noise.

I like it.

$350

So you can add the Autowatch to the existing FOB??

People here that do the Autowatch say they add it to the system and you have two seperate controllers. They have some other brand unit and can upgrade the existing factor unit but they have not experimented on a V35 yet, and I ain't gonna be the genie pig!!

Anyway of finding out how they run the Autowatch through the factor unit Frank? Maybe give me their number and I'll have a chat and give my guy here their number!

Thanks!

So you can add the Autowatch to the existing FOB??

People here that do the Autowatch say they add it to the system and you have two seperate controllers. They have some other brand unit and can upgrade the existing factor unit but they have not experimented on a V35 yet, and I ain't gonna be the genie pig!!

Anyway of finding out how they run the Autowatch through the factor unit Frank? Maybe give me their number and I'll have a chat and give my guy here their number!

Thanks!

Sorry for the delayed reply.

With my Autowatch I use a seperate FOB to operate the autowatch and the Nissan key for the standard factory stuff. Both work fine with and without each other, but no not intergrated on the Nissan Key.

I also got anti-carjack feature fitted which is quite good. If the door is opened while driving, it gives you 30-60secs to de-activate the carjack feature and if you don't shuts the car down.

Good because if it happens, the fu(kers think they've got away, only to realise down the road their screwed, which gives you time to grabs the nearest pole and catch them, or call for help.

autowatch CLAM - I figure this is what frank is using. I use a different one on the 350z's as its a lot easier to use.

in his case (if assumption is correct.) he has the OE key driving it and thats it.

autowatch CLAM - I figure this is what frank is using. I use a different one on the 350z's as its a lot easier to use.

in his case (if assumption is correct.) he has the OE key driving it and thats it.

I am not sure about the model, but I trust Chris : )

Is the OE means factory key?

If yes, that is, I do use the factory key for every thing.

The installer did not touch the key, he just spend 3 hours to identify every cable and upgrade(kind of ) the alarm system.

Cheers

Frank

dave,

have a customer in adelaide that wanted this exact thing done. then he thought about it, what if the OE key dies.. I'm quite happy to do either of them depending on what the customer wants. this particular car is come to brissy first so I get to do it. I'm probably going to use a CAN module on it to save dramas..

• 3 weeks later...

When I was in Wellington I had issues with a Mongoose alarm. The Distributer

MONGOOSE (NEW ZEALAND) LIMITED

41A View Road, Glenfield, 0627

Was really good to talk too at the time and it sounded like they had a workshop there or close too. Certainly had the ability to check a car out if you brought it to them.

As you are in Auckland you could go to the horses mouth.

found out an interesting point. there are two types of keys that go into these cars. one has the boot button on the key the other is the older R34 style with lock/unlock only.

in my case I had the earlier key on the sedan I worked on. it was easier for me to do the alarm in traditional fashion than to use a CAN unit on this car. the car DID NOT have remote boot pop. it does now via the alarm.

one thing that people seem to have problems with is the central locking side of things. easily sorted if you take the time to work it out. :) alarm does a better job of running the locks than the OE key.

used autowatch on this one. easy unit to hide and forget about.

• 6 months later...

good installer can work it out. would advise against the upgrade if you only have one key for the car.

I have alrady had people asking me to program keys t them and at this point in time I cannot.