SAU Community

Cltch is slipping ( Anyone recommend a clutch and workshop to do it)

My clutch is slipping, not when u engage the clutch but mainly from 2500rpm onwards.

Can anyone recommend a clutch to use and how much approx ?

(Genuine Nissan or other clutches)

Who do u recommend to do the installation?

Has anyone tried to take the gearbox out yourself if u have your car on jack stands ? (or do u need hoist)

Or leave it to the professionals ?

Immigrant performace at Labrador, Gold Coast quoted $930 for clutch and installation.

But Dane said the clutch they use is a heavy duty performace one they have designed themselves which can take 3000 pounds of torque.

Anyone have any experiences with this guy?

Mine Fried on Tuesday...Speak to Gavin Woods. He knows his stuff. Prices seem reasonable for Clutches. He has a couple of different options. Mine will cost me about 900ish installed for a Daikin (his recommendation)...

Call 07 5529 2313

As soon as I come up with the cash I'll be going in to get it fixed...

Michael

i got a heavy duty daikin put into my r33 gts-t with flywheel spin, gearbox oil etc. etc. etc. for a total of $560 ... by ABS brake and clutch in Slacks Creek they r awesome. But i did bargain ALOT with them ... but they r good blokes, So yeah if u wanna go to them, tell them Bryan with the vandalise skyline recommended u ... and they'll do u good deals.

HEY!

This is an question that needs to be answered urgently.

I've been told that Nissan patrol clutch bolts up to my skyline by one guy (with 2300lb pressure plate) however another place told me that, that set up means that the plate engages really close to the floor.

Those of you who have this set up (including bryanlee and swordfish) is that correct? And if so how different to normal (is it engaged 1 cm off the floor with the rest of the pedal a waste)??

PLEASE HELP!

4 Doorz,

Now the Nissan Patrol Clutch is the same as any other new clutch.

If it's new then yes it will release early on the clutch.

My clutch is release about 2-3 cm off the floor.

Its not a hard clutch either.

My girlfriend drove it around one day and she didn't notice the difference.

I do recommend u speak to Geoff at Slacks Creek and Gavin Wood at Labrador.

He will tell u also...no different.

If u come to the skyline cruise on Sat I will be there and if u want u check the clutch out.

I was quoted $572 fot a more stanhdard H.Duty Daikin, and $644 for an uber h.duty Daikin (SKR) that would be more suitable for my use...These prices are WAY over what you guys are posting. Why?

Thanks dood. I just skim sometimes, and so miss a bit. The prices I got were from Gavin Woods, but I'll dig and see what's available. I don't really understand the difference between clutches, compounds etc, so I'll end up getting taken for a ride :P

Seriously ALL OF U WHO wants to get NEW CLUTCHES - go to 'ABS brake and CLutches' talk to brett, he's awesome. I did bargain a bit but mine cost a total of $560 - EXEDY HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH INSTALLED (includes machine flywheel, gear box oil etc.) THey did a fabulous job, clutch feels awesome, AND IT COMES WITH 12 MONTHS WARRANTY.

BEWARE!!! MOst places if u buy a clutch and bring it to ANOTHER workshop to fit, they cannot guarantee the clutch, because they did not personally order the product. I was gonna do that, but ABS BRAKE AND CLUTCH match that price of me buying the clutch and getting it fitted. Better off now u can get that warranty

the clutch I'm using now feels great. its a tad shorter and heavier then the stock r33 gts-t one i had. CLoser to the ground thats about it. So far I've only stalled it once this week :D BUT ITs AWESOMe

ABS BRAKE AND CLUTCH = SAY BRYAN - WITH THE VANDALISE MAROON SKYLINE. and Brent (or brett) I cant really remember, he's the guy who will fix u up with an awesome PRICE. U may have to pay few dollars more, because i did bargain the hell outta him, and showed him my vandalise skyline kekekek. GO THE SAD STORY APPROACH!

cheers

bryanlee38