[u:d7df653a5c]POWER 168RWKW 2ND GEAR[/u:d7df653a5c]

[i:d7df653a5c][b:d7df653a5c]MODS[/b:d7df653a5c][/i:d7df653a5c]

Turbo back 3.5" exhaust

14.8 PSI

BLITZ Pod Filter

Front Mount

S-AFC

Fuel Pump

[u:d7df653a5c]POWER [b:d7df653a5c]206RWKW[/b:d7df653a5c] 4TH GEAR[/u:d7df653a5c]

*After 5 hours on the dyno I was VERY happy with the 206rwkw

*I was unable to tune my cam gears so back to the dyno next week.

*It appears that the airflow meter and injectors may be maxed out.

injectors may be maxed out.[/quote:4be045dc6e]

watsisname told me in SDU that a rising rate fuel regulator would breath some life into the injectors. Is this the case when they are running at close to 100% or do you give up and buy bigger ones?

Yes Steve time to post on SDU, I'm not a show off but I think they need to know that us Ozzy's can build quick cars too.

ONARUN, There is very little point in fitting a reg as it will only help a bit and in the long run I will need bigger injectors to support a big turbo etc, is is only a band-aid solution where as a quick opporation will have it sorted for good not to mention that a good reg is $400 which is probably around 1/2 of the inj. price.

Steve, what injectors will fit in my car? What size are they now? I have heard conflicting report.

Cam

Cam you need 550's from an rx7 or you can buy injector s from nismo. the gtr one don't work I have been tolsd a few times only with after market computer casue of the impedance and they fire differently to the rb20 ones. my parts page has all the details.

meggala

How much difference is there between 2nd and 4th ? I'm guessing this is just the peak power output ? Cause I definately find in my car that it pulls hardest in 2nd also. I havn't put it on a dyno yet but it's just my observations from driving. It's only got a 3 inch cat back.

Birty

Its really weird actually, when I had 168kw I made that in 2nd but in 4th I only made 160kw. But now I make 189kw in 2nd and 206 in 4th so now the power range has changed? We have tuned the afc really well for 40% throttle and it pulls so hard, the torque increase massively

Well it's good to hear, i'm still trying to get used to driving my car. But I will look about slowly upgrading it. I really think 200rwkw would be heaps, but I wanna get used to the car a bit more. I've got a cat back 3inch (I think, might be 3.5, havn't really checked) and am thinking about getting a 3.5 inch dump and front pipe in the next few months. Then eventually upgrading the rest (although i love the throaty sound of the one on there). Or would it be better getting a Front Mount First ? And have you see any good cuts on the m spec bar ? As I'm not too keen on buying another bar mainly for the risk of going to low and being a prick to get around in. Plus if I get a new bar, I wanna get new wheels and springs and do the whole lot at once.

ONARUN, There is very little point in fitting a reg as it will only help a bit and in the long run I will need bigger injectors to support a big turbo etc, is is only a band-aid solution where as a quick opporation will have it sorted for good not to mention that a good reg is $400 which is probably around 1/2 of the inj. price.

Cam[/quote:b2593e2f85]

Cam,

A decent rising rate reg' (as used by a number of 10-9-8sec 1/4 cars) is less than $400!, try under $200. Add a decent pump to handle the xtra demand place on it by raised f/press' & you can gain 20-30 or more rwkw quite safely. This exact same method has been done on GTS25t's on more than a few occassions. I'm not talking about huge f/press' & rwkw increases only mild ones. Of course the RB25DET 370cc inj's are able to flow far more than the RB20DET 260cc'ers, & in your case it's getting to the stage where even with raised press' it's maxed out anyway.

Have a read of the f/press' run by the Gibson Motorsports prep'd ATCC GT-R's in the early 90's, upto 138psi!!! & 470kw on 550cc inj's. In full race trim they sure pushed those 550's pretty hard! It'd take a decent pump to cope with that kind of demand 8O .

My reg + pump installed & fitted was much cheaper than a full inj' / pump etc.. upgrade!!! Sure you can probably reach 300+rwkw once you go 550's & bigger but you'll be looking @ strengthening internals before that stage anyway!!!

Righty O yeh I agree now......I just had another look at my dyno chart and discovered that I am not running lean at the top end at all, I am actually running super rich....DOH, thats what happens when a "Friend" tells you the results without actually looking at the af chart (Originally I only had the HP chart with no af graph)

I have a big mother of a pump (Bosch 044) which actually builds pressure as the power increases :) My tuner has tried to lean it off but for some reason the s-afc will not modify the fuel at full throttle ? I also found out that my afm is almost maxed out at 95.9%

[img:c2903fdbd6]http://www.d-u-e-l.com/dyno_chart.JPG[/img:c2903fdbd6]

See there ya' go! Into the 10's (A/FR) @ peak power mate!!!

You've still got power to come!, once you lean off those peak power mixtures :) 300rwhp. The 044 can handle 300rwkw so you can lean on it a fair bit with xtra pressure, but the inj's can only take sooo much.

And thus, continues the saga...the Z32 and the RB20det afm's are the same size! only the Z32 has a different amount of pins and it reads the air flow differently.....I am still trying to find out exactly what the difference is however I am really starting to consider ditching it all together or moving it into the fmic piping!