SAU Community

Is It Possible? - Standard Gtr Seat Rails For A Recaro Sr3?

Owgasm

Hey,

Just got some SR3's and now looking to fit them into the car when it gets back.

Is there anyway to get the GTR rails to fit the recaro seats?

P.S if this is the wrong section or a repost of some sort, please delete this and point me in the right direction. and not to the search function.

not really, skylines have a nasty shaped floor plan which makes it very hard to get a seat rail right.

By far the easiest way to go is to buy the bride rails, they bolt straight in.

If you want to do it with generic rails there will be a lot of reinforcing, welding and cuting. And I don't think you should stuff around with seat mounts unless you are really confident

I'm 6'3" and don't hit the roof. I do hit the roll cage with the side of my helmet but that probably isn't an issue for most road cars. Would also depend what seat some are higher than others, and what angle you have the back at - mine is fixed back race seat.

heres how mine r done

could have been a bit neater but i was in a rush n they have been fine for the last year

they do sit a bit high but its not a drama unless u have a cage as duncan said before, and

i could not get them lower without cutting the body support the stock seat sits on

post-32345-1192637877_thumb.jpg

post-32345-1192637914_thumb.jpg

post-32345-1192637953_thumb.jpg

post-32345-1192638020_thumb.jpg

post-32345-1192638048_thumb.jpg

ok, i guess i'm gonna have to find rails.

Are passenger rails different to drivers?

Try the bride rails to suit SR3 for the GTR. Driver and passenger are different.

I got some RX rails from Jackie at CJ Motors on Nissan Silvia. They were about $250 each delivered from memory. They are meant to drop the seat position by about 30mm which should leave the SR3 at a similar height to standard as they seem to have more seat base height than the GTR seats.

My new SR3's just landed from J and are due to go in when I drop some lard lol - just a wee bit tight for road comfort - probably tolerable on the track. Off for a run we go....