SAU Community

EV14 Standard Length adapter to RB26 fuel rail?

I'm interested in maybe trying to get a set of B 280 436 469-01 Bosch Motorsport injectors, these are 1000 cc EV14 injectors with a dual cone spray to reduce wall wetting in DOHC 4V heads, but I'm not sure how they would fit in an RB26 fuel rail/intake manifold. Does anyone make adapters for EV14 standard length injectors?

57 minutes ago, djr81 said:

Nope, not the same thing Joshua is talking about. The injectors you've linked are the more common 040 single spray 980cc injector that uses a lower and upper adapter on the half height compact injector length.

2 hours ago, joshuaho96 said:

I'm interested in maybe trying to get a set of B 280 436 469-01 Bosch Motorsport injectors, these are 1000 cc EV14 injectors with a dual cone spray to reduce wall wetting in DOHC 4V heads, but I'm not sure how they would fit in an RB26 fuel rail/intake manifold. Does anyone make adapters for EV14 standard length injectors?

The twin spray injectors you mentioned are a 3/4 length which is standard Bosch length, so you could use just the top adapters from NZefi or anywhere else - no bottom adapters. That said none of those short top adapters from anyone I've seen retain the factory upper insulators between rail and injector, so the injector adapter is metal on metal when mounted in the rail. How much that bothers you I don't know, but it will be the only way to use them.

The bottom mount into intake manifold is no worries. You actually remove the standard plastic disc and O ring, then use the factory intake manifold seals which fit perfectly.

2 hours ago, BK said:

Nope, not the same thing Joshua is talking about. The injectors you've linked are the more common 040 single spray 980cc injector that uses a lower and upper adapter on the half height compact injector length.

The twin spray injectors you mentioned are a 3/4 length which is standard Bosch length, so you could use just the top adapters from NZefi or anywhere else - no bottom adapters. That said none of those short top adapters from anyone I've seen retain the factory upper insulators between rail and injector, so the injector adapter is metal on metal when mounted in the rail. How much that bothers you I don't know, but it will be the only way to use them.

The bottom mount into intake manifold is no worries. You actually remove the standard plastic disc and O ring, then use the factory intake manifold seals which fit perfectly.

https://billet.net.au/fuel-rail-kits/bpp-bosch-gtr-ev14-1000cc-fuel-injector-adaptor/

Would it just be this then? I have to remove the injectors and get them sent out for cleaning + characterization prior to actually getting new injectors, if the insulators seem to be important I'll see if I can bother someone to maybe get a revised version that allows for the insulator to fit.

Yep that's the ones you'd want, they are the short top adapters. There's not enough room to make a short top adapter that houses the factory upper insulator.

There are long ones too that actually house the factory upper insulator, but they are for the compact short EV14 injectors when not using a bottom adapter.

• 1 year later...