SAU Community

recaro cs sportster feedback using recaro rails ?

Hi,

I'm looking into replacing my bnr34 seats (to save them), in my opinion I found the replacement ones: recaro cs sportset

Since I want to keep the same height vision as the original seats, I'm wondering what is the result if using the recaro rails for those seats (which doesn't required any modification to be fitted on the r32,33,34 platform)

any feedback is appreciated 

Best regards 

Hmm I don't think there is anything to be concerned about, but I doubt me saying that will convince you. 

I also doubt anyone with these seats will reply in this thread (at $6000ish for a pair I'd be surprised to find anyone running these seats in an R chassis). 

So my solution is, take measurements yourself and see what you think. Measure up your factory seats and compare with this - 

recarosportster-sizeguide_2048x.jpg

1 hour ago, Murray_Calavera said:

Hmm I don't think there is anything to be concerned about, but I doubt me saying that will convince you. 

I also doubt anyone with these seats will reply in this thread (at $6000ish for a pair I'd be surprised to find anyone running these seats in an R chassis). 

So my solution is, take measurements yourself and see what you think. Measure up your factory seats and compare with this - 

recarosportster-sizeguide_2048x.jpg

All this will tell him is how big his factory seats are compared to the new recaros.

its the seat rails that will determine how high or low the new seats will sit.

I guess position seat is the same between R and non R chassis ?

Yes rails needs to be taking into account too 

I suppose I will do my own research (not easy as the view seat is influenced by the angle of the bottom part of the seat )

Anyway if anyone come to this thread dont hesitated to post haha

thanks guys 

maybe useful or not useful but look into getting the Sportster GT not CS.

GT version has a sub belt hole so you can use a 6 point harness, where as the CS doesn't have that.

I've been looking into getting a pair for my shit box, however can't get over the total cost. Wanting to remove the fix bucket seat as I take my son around in the car at times and prefer easier access to the rear seat from the driver's side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UWISSH! said:

All this will tell him is how big his factory seats are compared to the new recaros.

its the seat rails that will determine how high or low the new seats will sit.

Yep, the rails will have an impact on the overall seat height. In this instance though I bet there will be hardly anything in it, surely the Recaro rails will be well designed and I bet they will be near identical to the factory rail height. 

If he said, and I plan to use these cheap no-name $100 seat base/rails, then yeah I'd be concerned about the impact they will have on the seating height. 

So what I was suggesting is, using the assumption that the factory rails and Recaro rails will have a similar impact on the seating height, he can measure the thickness of the seat base as this will likely be the largest impact on the overall seat height. 

Just reading a bit more, it seems like these seats use a side mount, it keeps referring to them as an 'integrated sidemount' so I'm not sure how easy it would be to use an adjustable sidemount with them. 

Might be worth looking into if the Sportster CS can be used with an adjustable sidemount. Surely that would be problem solved if thats the case. 

• Like 1