SAU Community

Metal Radiator Hoses

r33cruiser

so its just some welded stainless tube that connects to the fittings at each end with silicon hose ...

are you going to make them? need help in making them? wondering how someone would make them ?

hmmm. even though its got the silicon joiners at each end i think it would still be abit too rigid. for the amount of movement needed between the radiator and engine. anybody know of any issues with this kind of setup?

yes it is exactly as gtst vspec says. but if u are familiar with the 1j, it is basically a 2ft long straight pipe, with 2 bends at each end.

im just asking because it looks pimpin, and unfortunately dont make em for rb25det

is ally piping better than,.... say the conventional silicone piping?

just saying it looks PIMPIM :D

yes it is exactly as gtst vspec says. but if u are familiar with the 1j, it is basically a 2ft long straight pipe, with 2 bends at each end.

im just asking because it looks pimpin, and unfortunately dont make em for rb25det

is ally piping better than,.... say the conventional silicone piping?

just saying it looks PIMPIM >_<

Hi,

I make radiators for a living out of alloy, I'd never do this.. especially in a performance car..

The radiator needs to be rubber mounted (which it obviously will still be) but the engine/radiator needs to move independently.. which this would not allow or would severely hamper..

Stick with standard rubber hoses.. if you want bling, buy a ford falcon.

Hi,

I make radiators for a living out of alloy, I'd never do this.. especially in a performance car..

The radiator needs to be rubber mounted (which it obviously will still be) but the engine/radiator needs to move independently.. which this would not allow or would severely hamper..

Stick with standard rubber hoses.. if you want bling, buy a ford falcon.

hahaha yea, well im happy using silicone hoses. especially with the red for hot and blue for cold system

• 3 weeks later...

Been using one of the greddy ones for a couple of years now with no issues....Fair enough the engine is going to move around a bit but the joiners still give a bit of flex, and if your engine is moving around that much that it's gonna cause a problem I think new engine mounts are in order......

post-14136-1194833335_thumb.jpg