SAU Community

P-spec Ii 260rs

pure_methamphetamachine

Hey mate, top top looking setup you have going there... just as a side thought to these kinds of things, the stagea and i would say most peoples stagea's are either for cruising with more than 2 people and gear, or for daily driving to be able to carry more sh1t than ur standard GTR. I can appreciate wanting to do one of these cars up to the extent you are but from my perseptive which is a daily driver how would something like this behave?

Is it terribly over powered with a massive amount of annoying lag?

Do you need a runway sized bit of road to be able to enjoy its full potential? and the big question;

what is fuel economy like? the stag is already terrible in regards to fuel already how much worse do these kind of mods make it?

I just had my car run on the dyno at STI docklands and it put out around 190kw i am looking for around the 250wk mark but don't want to be filling the car up every second day... any advice you can offer would be swell :w00t:

Cheers mate your an inspiration to us all :laugh:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psymin I am.

Braided lines are mainly fuel system, but a couple for the seperator, and also for the BOV control.

I use an F COn V Pro.

Last motor got 415 kW @ 4 wheels / 459 at rears.

I get the oil and water from the facory feeds.

I did the car so I can pack it full of sh1t (stereo has covers), cruise with people, drive around during the day.

Not sure what lag will be like on this engine. Intheoryit won't be too bad with everyhing done to it.

You don't need a huge road to enjoy it. I love the pull of it. Second gear is mental. So is third. Fun in fourth and fifth like any RB vehicle requires a track.

Behaviour wise? In the dry it is mindblowing. you really can't explain the pull. My old engine had lag. I would gain 400HP in 1,000 rpm. In the wet you had to run low boost or you would light up all fours.

Fuel economy about 12 litres / 100km on open road. 14 litres / 100km around town.

PowerFC gets better fuel economy as it uses AFM's. F Con far superior unit but more complex ie you need a summer tune and a winter tune. PowerFC, one tune fits all.

Edited by pure_methamphetamachine

My economy went up after the build. I get around 400-450kms out of a tank and its bloody hot up here (darwin). Im pretty happy with that economy out of a 650hp motor.

hey Ken when u gonna take that beast down the strip? or dont u have any drags near you?

Also the question from mystag260, there is a couple of things that make a car with that much power abit non street friendly for me anyway. Clutch on mine is rated for 800hp at wheels and its a twin plate but its sooo damn hard its annoying and it also rattles like shit when pressed in like most twin plates (though mine is alot noiser because it doesnt have springs in the plates holding them tight). Next is the exhuast is bloody loud and lumpy when idling so the car idles abit rough (big big lift cams) and deep deep note to it (not neighbour friendly :D ), though im only running 1 muffler and will be trying a 2nd one soon to shut it up. Thirdly is the fact ive spent soo much money on it i will not park it anywhere and leave it unattended at all so its useless as a daily for me. But i tell u as Psymin said, 600hp is absolutely crazy and with 4wd its incredible when taking off from lights if u give it some revs, i doubt any car on the road will touch it except a gtr with the same power. Any rwd car with same power would be slow as from low speeds.

hey Ken when u gonna take that beast down the strip? or dont u have any drags near you?

Also the question from mystag260, there is a couple of things that make a car with that much power abit non street friendly for me anyway. Clutch on mine is rated for 800hp at wheels and its a twin plate but its sooo damn hard its annoying and it also rattles like shit when pressed in like most twin plates (though mine is alot noiser because it doesnt have springs in the plates holding them tight). Next is the exhuast is bloody loud and lumpy when idling so the car idles abit rough (big big lift cams) and deep deep note to it (not neighbour friendly :P ), though im only running 1 muffler and will be trying a 2nd one soon to shut it up. Thirdly is the fact ive spent soo much money on it i will not park it anywhere and leave it unattended at all so its useless as a daily for me. But i tell u as Psymin said, 600hp is absolutely crazy and with 4wd its incredible when taking off from lights if u give it some revs, i doubt any car on the road will touch it except a gtr with the same power. Any rwd car with same power would be slow as from low speeds.

my 33 came over with a 600hp OS giken twin plate with unsprung centres... that thing was f**ked! grab point was just off the floor, and i think it had a 5467359346534lb pressure plate.

JUN stroker kits sound like rotaries with no exhausts. :D

depending on how you drive it, you would probably get quite decent fuel consumption yeah? the 2.7L would have enough torque to get around easy enough, and the T04Z comes in higher in the range, so you can stay off boost quite easily?

Also the question from mystag260, there is a couple of things that make a car with that much power abit non street friendly for me anyway. Clutch on mine is rated for 800hp at wheels and its a twin plate but its sooo damn hard its annoying and it also rattles like shit when pressed in like most twin plates (though mine is alot noiser because it doesnt have springs in the plates holding them tight). Next is the exhuast is bloody loud and lumpy when idling so the car idles abit rough (big big lift cams) and deep deep note to it (not neighbour friendly :P ), though im only running 1 muffler and will be trying a 2nd one soon to shut it up. Thirdly is the fact ive spent soo much money on it i will not park it anywhere and leave it unattended at all so its useless as a daily for me. But i tell u as Psymin said, 600hp is absolutely crazy and with 4wd its incredible when taking off from lights if u give it some revs, i doubt any car on the road will touch it except a gtr with the same power. Any rwd car with same power would be slow as from low speeds.

I have a Nismo SuperCoppermix Twin Plate. It is nice and light, rideable, I love it. It's like a factory clutch, but handles 800HP. Exhaust is not a problem. It is 100mm with no restriction in the mufflers, but only 95dB. The lumpy idle is not too bad. Being in a grid lock stop / start gets entertaining when going up a slope / hill, but the system as a whole drives really nicely. I have driven many cars with twin and triple plate clutches, and they are just awful. Super heavy, noisy, on / off. The Nismo one is nothing like it, which is why I got it. Price was not too bad either. Chromium Molybdium flywheel + clutch plates + fly bolts + pressure plate + release bearing + new gear fork seal + Nismo Sticker :D was NZ$2,600. It was way cheaper than HKS, OS, ORC, and better in every aspect. In terms of security, I won't go into details, but with the exception of a tow truck (and even then you'll detroy the car trying to get it on the truck), it is going nowhere. Now before people start on the if someone wants it they will take it speal, they can't (except with a tow truck) and even if they do, it has GPS tracking and you can not kill it. I have an unrated alarm that my insurance refused to cover as a result, until they sent their expert over as I insisted all the 5 star alarms (Toad. AVS, Mongoose, Viper etc) were all shit and what I can do is better. My excess is less than what it would have been had I had one of the 5 star rated alarms.

To give you some idea, the security install took over 100 hours. Seriously.

My primary concern is some A Hole keying it or breaking into it and breaking shit which I have to replace.

DSC00731_.jpg

DSC00723_.jpg

I got an 11.9 Brad. I have backed to boost off to around 20psi. This was on pump fuel, 30deg ambient and street tyres at regular psi.

Oh and the wind was blowing the wrong way and I had my tongue out the wrong side of my mouth. I think there is a lot more in it.

I have a direct clutch twin plate and its and noisy as all fcuk and a pig to drive. Who wants to buy it? My new car arrives shortly.

I got an 11.9 Brad. I have backed to boost off to around 20psi. This was on pump fuel, 30deg ambient and street tyres at regular psi.

Oh and the wind was blowing the wrong way and I had my tongue out the wrong side of my mouth. I think there is a lot more in it.

I have a direct clutch twin plate and its and noisy as all fcuk and a pig to drive. Who wants to buy it? My new car arrives shortly.

nice work Ken, what was the MPH do u now? and what is the power at that level of boost or dont u know?

I also have the direct clutch twin plate hahaha, its noisy as hell as u said and also heavy but its sooo good on take off etc without the annoying on/off feel of most twin plates ive seen. It is very tough too handling my other car with drag slicks on and 8000rpm launches it would bog the engine down and not slip a fraction so its got some pressure behind it.

nice work Ken, what was the MPH do u now? and what is the power at that level of boost or dont u know?

I also have the direct clutch twin plate hahaha, its noisy as hell as u said and also heavy but its sooo good on take off etc without the annoying on/off feel of most twin plates ive seen. It is very tough too handling my other car with drag slicks on and 8000rpm launches it would bog the engine down and not slip a fraction so its got some pressure behind it.

Terminal speed was 194.XXkph. It was only running around 340rwkw mark. The clutch is good but soon show the weakness of the box and diff's.

• 2 weeks later...