SAU Community

P-spec Ii 260rs

pure_methamphetamachine

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be curious to see what it ends up rolling on a dyno after run in, should be some awesome figures!

Im in the middle of running my 260 in at the moment, half way through a 3000km run in! So frustrating having to drive it like a grandma when you know what you have under the bonnet, the price of build ups is a good reason for self control though even when you pull up at the lights next to something you know you can kill thats stirring you up!

I havent gone as crazy as this build up, but have still done enough to be looking at 320-330awkw when its finally run in!

Nice work tho! :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

soooooooo good, would love to go for a drive in that thing :nyaanyaa: . gona have to settle for something that looks the same but only goes half as fast. unless i win lotto than i can fly you over here to work the f*@k out of mine to :worship:

post-32337-1195027073_thumb.jpg

Awesome build man.

If my 4G63 in an S13 project falls through, or the S13 eventually bores me, I am highly contemplating putting the hole lot into my Stagea. Yeah, I know, 4 banger, but 4G's have a heap of torque. Will have to decide that when I eventually put the engine on the dyno.

I am using an R34 manual RWD box anyway, so its just a matter of bolting up the R34 GTR box and away I can go with AWD and all :rolleyes: (some electronic work obviously)

Btw, nice fitment on the GT-C's :/. What size, width and offset? Thats the fitment I am after with mine.

Edited by AlexCim

I'll be curious to see what it ends up rolling on a dyno after run in, should be some awesome figures!

Im in the middle of running my 260 in at the moment, half way through a 3000km run in! So frustrating having to drive it like a grandma when you know what you have under the bonnet, the price of build ups is a good reason for self control though even when you pull up at the lights next to something you know you can kill thats stirring you up!

I havent gone as crazy as this build up, but have still done enough to be looking at 320-330awkw when its finally run in!

Nice work tho! :(

3000km of pussy footing a new engine is not going to do it any good my friend.

Here, have an interesting read: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

interesting conversion AlexCim....

Interesting indeed.

I have some pictures up on my MySpace. www.myspace.com/shiftyunicorn (yes, that myspace name was inspired originally by my stagea :P)

Some ideas have changed through the build, but its getting there. Engine/Gearbox getting mated over the next few weeks.

3000km of pussy footing a new engine is not going to do it any good my friend.

Here, have an interesting read: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

That guy raises some interesting points, but there is a lot inside an engine that he doesn't address so I would be a little wary of it myself.

ie - what about the preservative coating on the bearings in the mains and big/little ends

I wouldn't want anyone spining my brand new engine under hard load when there is still a lot of pre-assembly lube floating around in the oil either, not to mention the case hardened skin on new camshafts, bearings on rockers (or pushrod ends for all the knuckle draggers out there), freshly cut valve seats, stem seals etc etc etc

just my 2 cents anyway.

That guy raises some interesting points, but there is a lot inside an engine that he doesn't address so I would be a little wary of it myself.

ie - what about the preservative coating on the bearings in the mains and big/little ends

I wouldn't want anyone spining my brand new engine under hard load when there is still a lot of pre-assembly lube floating around in the oil either, not to mention the case hardened skin on new camshafts, bearings on rockers (or pushrod ends for all the knuckle draggers out there), freshly cut valve seats, stem seals etc etc etc

just my 2 cents anyway.

Hey guys,

After spending a massive amount of cash rebuilding the motor im more enclined to listen to the guys that built it, there are set procedures of certain revs etc that i am following to bed the motor in correctly. It isnt a good idea to put a brand new motor under massive load from the word go unless its a drag car and your going to rebuild it every week. Its not the first time ive had to run a motor in and i believe following a run in process is the safe way to go about things. There are obvious signs of seeing a new motor on a dyno for tunning purposes that show that a new motor appears "tight" and wont rev hard, so making it rev hard will inevitably cause some sort of damage or premature wear. Where as running the motor in under lower load to allow things to settle in makes alot more sense to me.

Im happy to wait and follow the mechanics process, that way if something goes bang i have someone to take it back too. Ive done the ligaments in my ankle so i wont be able to drive it for a few weeks unfortunately!

When i finally get to do max power tuning ill let you know what it comes up with!

Cheers

Ben

I wouldn't want anyone spining my brand new engine under hard load when there is still a lot of pre-assembly lube floating around in the oil either, ......

hence why you drop the oil / filter after 20kms, then another 50kms, then another 100, then a few hundred more, etc

• 2 weeks later...