SAU Community

Turning Left While Moving Produces Ticking Sound

Any ideas where to start looking for problems ?

s2 r33 with active diff,

every time I turn left I get this ticking like theres something stuck in a tyre that only hits the road when I turn left but after thorough inspection of tyres while on lift northing in tyres. also no leaks noticed anywhere and no obvious damage to hub from below. I will be changing pads in the near future as my current set are on hte low side, think I will notice anything around the hub ?? I was thinking suspension somewhere but dont have a freekn clue what to check for.

direction requested gentlemen!

yeah i definatly say cv joints most commen to be clicky when turning but do you have two piece wheels they could be moving or diff could be binding???? or handbrake on the hub could be noisy need of adjustment?

i was under a similar impression.. ie.. lack of cvs though there is rear stearing be it stuff all, so they could be continuous velocity joints in the back end eh..?

comming of the diff....as the axles would need to move with the rim somewhere similar to a fwd in the back. il check the boots on the joints at the back,,, personally iuno if they are actual cvs but if they are they usually arent savagely expensive (READ locally avialable models) though and if a $20 boot goes it isnt long before the jiont follows.

fugn shits me!