SAU Community

NA to RB26DETT ??

Hi all,

Im planing to do this conversion around the middle of next year. But if funds permit i may do it a little earlier. Ill use the GTR rear dif and try get GTR brakes all round. My quetion is what box do u guys recomend as im not doing the AWD conversion i cant use the 6 speed box unfortunately :D How strong is the GTST box? as i want to do everything right the first time so when i have a bit more money down the track i can go for bigger power with fewer issues. Has neone done this conversion or have ne advice to give me it would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers

John

he can't because its designed for awd :D

John, try posting this is the Forced Induction or General Automotive forum because i think the people in there would know more about the rb26dett and gearbox strength etc than us n/a guys.

haha yeah thats cool, i was always under the impression they were 6 speed?? oh well im not missing out on nething then, also a gtr half cut is around 6g's ive been told as a real approximate around 10g's give or take a few. but i will also need new wheels aswell, so im giving myself a 15g limit for when i do it so i should be able to do a few mods straight away aswell. from my current insurace policy they only quoted 160 bucks extra for the conversion, and im 17 rating 5!!! i made the mistake of not getting it in writing cause im sure id never get a quote like that again it must have been a mistake.

i saved since i was like 10, working at my grandfathers company, then when i was old enough i worked at maccas aswell, i started saving for a car before i even knew what a skyline was, i managed to put together 10g's and my parents gave me another 6. and by the middle of last year i was a very proud owner of a skyline, since then every dollar i have earnt has gone into my car. And after y12 im planning to take out a 15g loan and do the converion.

this might be a stupid question but why are you getting the extractors if you're doing the conversion next year? i hope you go ahead with the conversion, it would be good to see it done and that way i'll know exactly what needs upgrading so I can do it to my car once i finish uni :D

what age do you get your license in queensland? i get mine in less than 3 weeks!!

u get ur learners when ur 16 and 6 months and have that for 6 months then u get ur p's then stay on them for 4 years. Yeah i figured the extractors wearnt too pricey and i just wanted i little bit more performance from my car for now, the high flow insert also isnt too pricey and an apexi afc i can use with the new engine.