SAU Community

R33 GTR RB26DETT air whistle at 250Km/h

Tomak

Hello,

There is too much noise in my Skyline GTR at 250 km / h ....Maybe old and worn door seals to be replaced. ... I don't know what else it could be?

I hear the whistle of air above my ear, somewhere from 200 km / h upwards. Car is from 1995

Sending the link to my video so you can hear yourself

Yeah that is a thing, all R chassis have frameless windows and they get sucked outwards at high speeds. Not sure if new seals are available for 33, they are for 32s (until America buys them all). Gets worse the quicker you go to. Perhaps just turn the radio up.

BTW good confidence that no-one is going to pull out in front of you, looks like German drivers are more courteous (or aware) than Australian ones.

Also, were you happy with how it was riding? It looked a bit crashy over the surface changes, I'd be considering new shocks.

Didnt know GTR's came in left hand drive and my 1995 gtst is very quiet with just the turbo whine rear wing bending towards the bootlid at 200 plus kms but my car does have a full complete set of door Boot rubbers installed a few years ago

22 hours ago, Dasmbo said:

Didnt know GTR's came in left hand drive and my 1995 gtst is very quiet with just the turbo whine rear wing bending towards the bootlid at 200 plus kms but my car does have a full complete set of door Boot rubbers installed a few years ago

The LHD is aftermarket, there are no factory LHD R33s.