SAU Community

Anyone Know This Car

simonr

for $5k more you can have my 34... ;)

As for writeoffs, a friend purchased a WRX from a caryard, later he found out it was an economic wrieoff in NSW, they fixed it, shipped it over here and rego'd it...... It can happen, not sure on the legal grounds.

How many test pilots and time wasters did you have ?

Im about to hang the next 1 :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad truth is that most of us are driving japanese write offs. (economical)

The cost of repairs there is prohibitive and most are repaired in australia . Plus , correct me if im wrong , aftrer a car hits 5years old , it needs an inspection every year , plus if its crashed (even slightly) its deemed unregistable.

As far as the quote of 200rwks , I would ask for a recent dyno print out.

Good luck in the car purchase though and remember to trust your gut.

cheers for that info. i havent heard of anything regarding the 5yr rule. my all of my cars bar my current have been older than 5yrs. i know there is something in te eastern states with roadworthy checks being done. on that topic, what tings fitted to the car are defectable. i think its the bov, exhaust db level and hopefully thats it. are front mounts legal? and 18" wheels.

The car MUST be street legal for the caryard to sell it (dosen't mean it is) .

Rims can be 1 " bigger than stock I think so unless its a GTR , no they are illegal (correct me if im wrong)

Plumb back blow off valves are'nt illegal (depending on the copper looking under the hood)

One place for you to lookout for though is the shock strut towers under the bonnet , Look to see if the welds are identicle on both sides.

savage, does that mean if i get defects during warranty the car yard wears the cost of regency and sourcing the correct parts? oh and i have a feeling that 2" in diametre is the rule in SA for wheels.

Edited by simonr

i found out from the dealer that the car is from strathalbyn. i was told the guys name but i wont post it on a forum. if anyone was the owner of a maroon r33 gts-t that has the mods mentioned above and maybe more, or knows of it, it'd be cool to have some feedback on it. all the previous ideas have been helpful too guys. also had a aftermarket heavy duty clutch.

dude just get it checked out mate the person who owned probly aint on here and no-one can give u a straight answer coz have not seen the car inperson ask the car yard guy can u take it to your mechanic for full engine check etc dnt be bitten mate just my 2 bobs gl with it mate. :ninja:

Sounds like it might be redgtst's car - I think he was from out that way.

It wouldnt be, see the replies below:

Does it have a 400R front and GTR rear wing? If so, be wary!! Redgtst crashed his 33 a few months back and it was an economical write off. May be repaired, so have it inspected whatever you do. if they refuse to allow an inspection, DONT BUY IT!
If an insurance company declare it a write off (economical or otherwise) it can not be registered again in Australia.(the costs make it prohibitive with engineering inspections etc for regency - and it MUST have a FULL regency inspection)

I found this out when I was looking at buying back my car after front end damage. (I would be able to fix it but never register it again) My only alternative was to take it to another repairer who was able to fit some "Reconditioned" parts rather than new from Nissan parts.