SAU Community

Guard Rolling/flaring

BIGDADDY1

looks the same as the bursons one Neil

Yea your right Chris and I'm starting to think all of them under $200 bucks are all the same.

That e-bay search is "Autolac" who are a paint supplier and have stock.

I'm just going to buy the cheapest one and fix it when it breaks.

Cheers

Neil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm whether rolling your guards, rears in particular is a defect? Ive been told that its considered altering the structural integrity of the car and as a result is a defect?

Also, for anyone interested, I bought one of the rollers off Ebay, seller is based in Adelaide so was able to go and collect it...paid around $150 for it, worked fine...I will add, be very careful rolling the rear guards on an R32, they are prone to denting along the lip if you try to stretch/flare the guard...it is the design of the guard, there is a tighter radius curve in the panel as it goes underneath and rolling this causes stress and creates dents. Im sure its not just R32s that this happens on, have seen other cars dented up as a result...

• 1 month later...

As for rolling guards being a defect, i dont know who would possibly get you for that or how unless flared, either way i still believe it to not be a defect.

As for rolling/ flaring heres my contribution, very smooth and free with my hammer ;) prob not many of you SAU blokes style but here goes..

post-77457-0-16112500-1301035657_thumb.jpg

post-77457-0-30682000-1301035716_thumb.jpg

first time aswell, was easy enough.

Edited by nik.

• 3 weeks later...

When i got defected the inspectors almost made me get a engineers cert because they couldn't measure a proper eye brow height pinch.gif

Then they went on saying "it looks to been professionally done" so let me go.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is that true that you cant roll front guards on GTR's?? and if you can is there anyone in perth area that can do it.

Also wondering this, on account of them being alloy.

I'm more interested in the rear gaurds though - want to get 11" under there and don't want to mess around with tons of bog or fibreglass.

• 1 month later...

I would, but im in wollongong.

Anyone a bit closer to home have one they wanna 'rent'?

I might just jump on e-bay and get one, then try flog it back off on ebay as a 'used once' otherwise...

i went to get the rears rolled on my 32r a week ago and the length adjustment on the guard roller wouldn't go short enough :(

not sure if all are the same, but when we jacked up the car, the suspension wouldn't allow the rear hub to drop low enough. now i am outta ideas... any suggestions?

As for rolling/ flaring heres my contribution, very smooth and free with my hammer ;) prob not many of you SAU blokes style but here goes..

post-77457-0-16112500-1301035657_thumb.jpg

post-77457-0-30682000-1301035716_thumb.jpg

first time aswell, was easy enough.

how does that go over bumps? are you hitting the tyres?