SAU Community

Spotted - QLD Skyline Owners

locutus_of_bris

i live on the gold coast and dont see many skylines (am i blind?) i usually go out broady car park sat night but am new up here so dont know many people, if u see me yell out. is a stock looking grey 32 gtr with ###GTR plates

i live on the gold coast and dont see many skylines (am i blind?) i usually go out broady car park sat night but am new up here so dont know many people, if u see me yell out. is a stock looking grey 32 gtr with ###GTR plates

Im new here too mate, have to meet up. However i dont feel I am worthy of cruising with a GTR, have four door myself.

I live up in Canungra, so am keen to get out and about

I dont know what planet you guys are on but I'm on the coast too and it seems now everywhere I look I see one.. :D

Just to clarify, I never said that I have not seen any, I couldnt agree with you more, there are heaps. But since i live in Canungra dont get much chance to meet any of them.

On average I probably see between 10-20 each time i go down the coast

i live in benowa and dont see many, may not be looking? i hear them scream past my place all the time. last time i was out i only saw about 5 skylines, and most of them were snobs.

Hey guys just wondering if any of u's live in townsville area?? Own a blue r33 gtst. Always up 4 a chat n bit of cruise action..

Hey mate, bet you bought that car from the parents of Dan at autobarn. He is a good mate of mine, but unfortunately I moved away from Townsville start of this year. Your car there goes pretty hard hey, It had 260kw@wheels but we turned the boost down after it recieved an engine change.

Hey mate, bet you bought that car from the parents of Dan at autobarn. He is a good mate of mine, but unfortunately I moved away from Townsville start of this year. Your car there goes pretty hard hey, It had 260kw@wheels but we turned the boost down after it recieved an engine change.

Yeah man i bought it off dans olds ay. Do u own a silver 4dr 33? Dan recons only around 200rwkw now but i'm gonna get it put on dyno soon so i know 4 sure. And to see if i can extract a few more kw at the treads haha.. U eva see a dyno sheet for my car?

Yeah man i bought it off dans olds ay. Do u own a silver 4dr 33? Dan recons only around 200rwkw now but i'm gonna get it put on dyno soon so i know 4 sure. And to see if i can extract a few more kw at the treads haha.. U eva see a dyno sheet for my car?

Yep mate thats me, two tone silver and dark grey. Yeah was only around 200kw when he sold it but it can do so much better than that. I did some work on it after the engine change as it wasnt idling very well. Is a nice car. I have not seen a dyno sheet but it was running like 18psi of boost when they grenaded their last motor, it should have handled that power but its hard to get good tuning in Townsville. I got all my tuning done with Pete at TMS, was pretty happy with him as after each time on dyno he would come do any road tuning for free. (Unless he just liked the four door that is).

No i moved to gold coast start of the year otherwise i would go cruise with ya!

Edited by 12DFY

Yep mate thats me, two tone silver and dark grey. Yeah was only around 200kw when he sold it but it can do so much better than that. I did some work on it after the engine change as it wasnt idling very well. Is a nice car. I have not seen a dyno sheet but it was running like 18psi of boost when they grenaded their last motor, it should have handled that power but its hard to get good tuning in Townsville. I got all my tuning done with Pete at TMS, was pretty happy with him as after each time on dyno he would come do any road tuning for free. (Unless he just liked the four door that is).

No i moved to gold coast start of the year otherwise i would go cruise with ya!

No offence if u helped tune it but its runnin really average haha. only 12psi for now will get tune when i get my license bak in around 4wks.. fuel delivery from factory injectors was a prob on previous motor wasn't it? what size are rb25 injectors and how much will i gain from gettin them high flowed??

Can TMS tune my ecu? i heard crawfords tuned Link ecu's in townsville?

Hell yeh man ur 33 is a sweet ride!

No offence if u helped tune it but its runnin really average haha. only 12psi for now will get tune when i get my license bak in around 4wks.. fuel delivery from factory injectors was a prob on previous motor wasn't it? what size are rb25 injectors and how much will i gain from gettin them high flowed??

Can TMS tune my ecu? i heard crawfords tuned Link ecu's in townsville?

Hell yeh man ur 33 is a sweet ride!

Thanks for the compliment on the sedan. I fixed his car 6 months ago so god knows what happened since then. I had my Wolf3d V4 plus tuned at TMS, so o belive he should do link too, all you can do is ask. I had a bad experience with crawfords. When i first changed my motor and gearbox i had it tuned there first time and i got 160KW@wheels. Which i was mortified with considering what i had done, they said my cooler was not big enough, could only run 9psi, turbo was too small blah blah blah. The problem was my spark plug gap was too high which i discovered that afternoon. Had it tuned at TMS after i had regapped my plugs and got 209.9K@wheels. So needless to say i never went back.

My injectors are at near max at 220kw@wheels now. So any more than that with stock injectors is pushing it, i believe they are around 350cc, not sure however. Rather than get them hi-flowed probably better off spending a little bit more and get larger ones(then tune it obviously). Scan around E-bay and a few places as sometimes you can get a good buy.

Check out the sedan on the thread at the moment called PROJECT 4 DOOR UNDERWAY AGAIN, ive been polishing stuff and starting to look good.

Good luck with the skyline mate

Thanks for the compliment on the sedan. I fixed his car 6 months ago so god knows what happened since then. I had my Wolf3d V4 plus tuned at TMS, so o belive he should do link too, all you can do is ask. I had a bad experience with crawfords. When i first changed my motor and gearbox i had it tuned there first time and i got 160KW@wheels. Which i was mortified with considering what i had done, they said my cooler was not big enough, could only run 9psi, turbo was too small blah blah blah. The problem was my spark plug gap was too high which i discovered that afternoon. Had it tuned at TMS after i had regapped my plugs and got 209.9K@wheels. So needless to say i never went back.

My injectors are at near max at 220kw@wheels now. So any more than that with stock injectors is pushing it, i believe they are around 350cc, not sure however. Rather than get them hi-flowed probably better off spending a little bit more and get larger ones(then tune it obviously). Scan around E-bay and a few places as sometimes you can get a good buy.

Check out the sedan on the thread at the moment called PROJECT 4 DOOR UNDERWAY AGAIN, ive been polishing stuff and starting to look good.

Good luck with the skyline mate

U run a 1/4 with 220rwkw? Its never ending but plannin on hi-mount manifold, injectors (550cc?) and whacking my cam gears on. chasing around 250-260rwkw but i'll c how it goes..

U must b keen mate i started cleanin engine bay up (wires n shit everywhere!) n its way better now but i'll just leave it neat.. no bling to much wrk!! Thanks 4 ur help man appreciate it i still dont know f all bout skylines bit diff from my old ss haha. Keep up the good wrk on ur 33!

U run a 1/4 with 220rwkw? Its never ending but plannin on hi-mount manifold, injectors (550cc?) and whacking my cam gears on. chasing around 250-260rwkw but i'll c how it goes..

U must b keen mate i started cleanin engine bay up (wires n shit everywhere!) n its way better now but i'll just leave it neat.. no bling to much wrk!! Thanks 4 ur help man appreciate it i still dont know f all bout skylines bit diff from my old ss haha. Keep up the good wrk on ur 33!

Yeah I ran the 1/4 in 13 flat, with huge traction problems. I may only have 220kw@wheels but I changed diff etc since it used to be non turbo to Kazz 2way Mech LSD with 4.11 diff gears so I gained heaps of torque but made same power on dyno. That was at Townsville so you could imagine my traction issues, with street tyres. My car getting painted within the next couple months, so thats the major work for this year.

250-260kw will be easy for that car with the bigger injectors, you probably wont need cam gears or manifold, but then again, it looks cool, and it all helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I ran the 1/4 in 13 flat, with huge traction problems. I may only have 220kw@wheels but I changed diff etc since it used to be non turbo to Kazz 2way Mech LSD with 4.11 diff gears so I gained heaps of torque but made same power on dyno. That was at Townsville so you could imagine my traction issues, with street tyres. My car getting painted within the next couple months, so thats the major work for this year.

250-260kw will be easy for that car with the bigger injectors, you probably wont need cam gears or manifold, but then again, it looks cool, and it all helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checked out ur PROJECT 4 DOOR thread and DAMN u put some work in on that engine bay! who did the custom wrk to ur intake manifold and how many hrs to polish it? Hell yeh townsville track is crap but it all we got. On the street with 255/40/R17s it just starts spinning when it comes up on boost in 1st and struggles in 2nd too.. I predict big traction probs on strip just hope i at least pull a big MPH! The main reason for wanting to put my cam gears on and get manifold is to get turbo 2 spool earlier!! damn it lags somethin shocking but when it hits.... :thumbsup::D

Edited by fuzz_gts25t