SAU Community

Rb25det

GOT04

i basicly wnat to know if any of your mates have got any rb25's making of the 300kw mark safely on a standard bottom end, curious to how strong they are.....

give me a few engin spec in your answer plz

thanks for the help

xoxoxooxox

well i already have 280kws on 14psi, its not a daly driver, but i wnat to install cams abd be tuned from mid range power and touque. wont gain any more power as such but touque i will. not sure if its safe or not. i have bigger radators and a oil cooler for safety.

im getting examples on other sites on cars making up to 310kws on stamdard bottom end and still going.

this site would be the best for the info so, come on guys.......

xoxoxoxo

Dyno is a key thing to note when looking at power across various sites around the world.

US is a bit higher (depending on the brand used)

HUB dyno's are much much more generous and people quote as "rwkw" but its not really that at all when you see '300rwkw' only slip 110mph.

Thats in comparison to the Dyno D's that are here.

So any of them could be right i guess, its just that from what ive seen the DD 'generally' are lower than the US brand they use, and when people talk hubs i just look at rpm/boost as the reading means nothing to me

hmmm you could always do WMI? at the end of the day it will also come down to how you drive it how it is tuned, but still the shelf life of stock bottom end is shortened as explained by nismoid. its a gamble at most, and would never as such hurt to do a compression or leakdown along the way to check on things. There was a few examples of people pushing to see how much it will take to break, and there are a few examples of people with stock ends as well at that power.

But i guess safety sake, always atleast have that budget for the "Just in case" if you are willing to take the chance. You might be lucky you might not.

The most powerful stock bottom end RB25 I have been in/come across is this one - has cams and thicker head gasket, stock from HG down. Made 450rwkw (~600whp) on a pretty high reading dyno though I reckon it'd run over 500whp on most sane reading dynos. Here's a video of it running a 10.6 with full interior, pump gas and a set of drag radials:

Trap speed etc seems not the best, but they were being a bit gentle with the gearbox etc - remember, all stock bits.