SAU Community

Nsw Trip Wrap Up Thread

saff_cossie

I will start off with a quick post as I am off out.

I left slightly earlier than the others and didnt stop for lunch so made about 2.5 hours on them so they are still journeying down the highway at the moment.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who came and to Bec for organising the Wakefield accomodation at the 11th hour to just squeeze us in. Thanks to the VADG for the use of the tools and air compressor along with Scott for carrying the tyres, Mav for pit support crew including getting the semi comps put on the rims.

We had a lot of fun and the only dampener (literally) was the weather but that did make for some interesting track time!

Chris is officially insane driving the GTR along with Snowman from a couple of years ago, just goes to show the lengths a car needs to be driven at to be competitive. Thanks for the few laps of Wakefield.

Highlights for me:

No fences, paddock was securely locked this year

Me heading to Canberra because the voice of Yoda on the GPS told me too (infact it cut a corner of the highway off but due to the stop/starting of junctions, put me out behind the main group!)

Rowdy trying to climb the embankment in his car and us finding it there in the morning!

Rowdy drinking 3 colours of tip water and plotting to steal another burger, only to find out it was Dan's but the pager was broken

Rowdy's stories, endless supply of laughs

Me spinning the car at Wakefield then again coming on the main straight in the pouring rain at Eastern Creek

Was a great trip and awesome company. Lots of fun and look forward to the next :happy:

I don't have many pics but I know Mav, Bec and Scott took plenty.

What an Awesome TRIP!!!

I have not had that much fun in ages!!

Huge that to everyone that organised the week it wouldnt have been what it was without your input.

Thanx to Ray for brining me up to Winton and the Hot laps had a ball that thing flys :)

Thanx to Saff for the passenger laps / road trips and Most of all HUGE thanx for trusting me to take your car out around Eastern Creek while PISSING with rain mate extremely appreciated and soooo much fun.. Evo's can go sideways LOL even if u don't want them to...

Cheers Dan for the lift home and waking me up constantly once the A/c went on Mav out OUT!!!!!

Ant and chris for the Hot laps :P

Highlights...

$4 Pints and Shots!!!

Rowdy going bush bashing / wall climbing then just leaving the car out back.

Saff thinking that going Via Canberra will get him to Wakefield Quicker.

Scott for the Wakie arm bands :whistling: Nice work!!!

Spotting a Yellow 33GTR WOOHOOOO more Team Yellow!!!

Pics will be up Very very soon!!!

They are uploading all 700 or so :D

Anyone interested in costs, mine were as follows:

KM's driven - 2113.7

Petrol - $430.85

Cash - $200

Eastern Creek Entry - $122.40

Wakefield Entry inc licence - $150

Accomodation for Wakefield (3 nights) - $180

Accomodation for Benalla (1 night) - $40

Beer - $58

Total - $1181.25

Good work on the pics Mav, 65 of my car alone! :(

Anyone interested in costs, mine were as follows:

KM's driven - 2113.7

Petrol - $430.85

Cash - $200

Eastern Creek Entry - $122.40

Wakefield Entry inc licence - $150

Accomodation for Wakefield (3 nights) - $180

Accomodation for Benalla (1 night) - $40

Beer - $58

Total - $1181.25

Total - $1181.25 = Return air fairs, transfers and accommodation to Thailand for 10 nights :yes:

Hahahaha - Gareth trying to make the GTR an actual '4WD' was gold.

Sydney weather FTL!!

Im still exhausted.

Tom - can we get all the video I took on your camera to me or Chris somehow.

Overall an awesome week though, I had an absolute ball and thanks to everyone for making it such a great experience.

Being back at work hurts :P

I would have to say one of the other HUGE highlights of the trip was waking up looking out the window and seeing the race track..

what more can you eva ask for???

besides maybe a garage there as well :P

Finally back on teh internetz!!!

Firstly, to all that organised the trip...THANKYOU. I had a blast learning a couple of new tracks that i'd heard much about.

Secondly, thanks to everyone else on the trip. Was awesome spending time talking sh1t with you and showing those north of the border how we do things in Vic. Team Wang FTW!!!

Wakefield Park was a great little track. I had a great time pushing myself and my car to the limits in search of the perfect lap. Being the first ever time on real semis (Azenis aren't real semis) I was astounded at the difference a set of sticky tyres could make. Without a lap timer, I figured my fastest lap was somewhere around the 1:11-12 mark. Onto Eastern Creek, where I was a little apprehensive about the rain, but soon got into the swing of things once i realised that if i drove through the understeer in the torrential rain, the car would transition into oversteer allowing a quick exit out of the long flowing corners. Trying to stay in front of Scottish in the second last session, and then chasing him in the last were highlights ;)

What a blast! :D

Nice pics Mav ;)

As per everyone who attended I had an absolute ball :P

Lol the only really messy night was the Goulburn pub...you cannot beat $4 PINTS and shots! Wakefield was good fun and despite some light drizzle and clouds keeping grip away from the track I managed a 1.09....as Mav said having the track as your backyard was gold :) although the rutted road to the cabins left a lot to be desired :( Eastern Creek was simply the best fun I've had in my car since I bought it :D It was a shame that the heavy rain meant that I couldn't put a hot lap in to see what I could do around there but you couldn't wipe the grin off of my face all day. As Chris pointed out that night it was very interesting to see the driving differences between the Vic and NSW guys out there...namely we were passing every guy in our group LOL ;) Despite the rain I can see why EC rates very close to PI in terms of fun.

A big thanks to those who organised the trip as it all ran smoothly. Also thanks to those who came for more of a social thing and to support us as it really topped off the trip :) It was also good meeting some of the sydney crew up there but it would've been good to see you guys ON the track :):D

Nice shots Mav....now where are the others.....

hey guys thanks so much for the trip had a ball and cant wait till next year to do it in my car rather then the ute.

thanks to bec for getting the group to do things and on time for the lot!!

And also a big thanks has to go to CHRIS for the most fun i have ever had in a car (going around the hill climb was so much fun LOL)