SAU Community

Real Garrett Gt3071r (-23 Chra) On Rb25det Results Wanted .

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes still R32 ecu, no probs with that at all. still got knock control, perfect idle and cruise, cant complain!

Awesome man!

You dont happen to have a copy of your .BIN file do you mate that we could use as a atarting point for my tune?

Awesome man!

You dont happen to have a copy of your .BIN file do you mate that we could use as a atarting point for my tune?

No sorry, Jeff (The Speed Lab) does all my tuning, so you'd have to call him up and ask for a copy of the map, either way he'd be able to help you out. Number is in my sig

No sorry, Jeff (The Speed Lab) does all my tuning, so you'd have to call him up and ask for a copy of the map, either way he'd be able to help you out. Number is in my sig

No worries man, I am in NZ! ha ha

Hopefully i can achieve a similar sort of result to what you got. Well done bro.

By the way how did you do about your VCT control? I have made my own controller which allows me to set on and off points. Seems to work well.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I found a 3071 on the net for sale that is direct bolt up to RB25's.

Compressor Housing A/R -: 0.70a/r

Turbine Housing A/R -: 1.06a/r

Does this sound capable of 280rwkw?

With supporting mods, a 3071 should be capable of reaching that power figure with that type of housing. Interestingly though, its usually sold with a 0.5 comp a/r.

Anyway, that turbo should be capable (given its garret IW - with that turb housing it should be), but always remember that the peak power figure your dyno says at the end of the day isnt everything. A 1.06 housing is pretty big. I dont know of that many dyno sheets around here to look at for the 3071, but my guess is that u might experience a bit of lag & a highish boost threshold.

If thats ok with you though, go for it, and let us know the results =)

what you should be asking is "does this sound like a 3071" because is doesn't.

I'd be interested to see a link.

i will most likely be purchasing a gt3071r 0.64 IW tomorrow for my r33 gtst for about $2600 (through my mechanic ordering direct from gcg, inclusive of fitting kit, spacer etc). was going to get a hks gt-rs but they're fairly expensive and take ages for delivery. will post up results once it's tuned, hopefully it meets my responsive 260rwkw goal :)

check the size of the turbine housing mate.

.64 is gt28 size IW housing. .63 is gt30. I know it sounds like i'm being pedantic, but for 2600 you want the right one and not the t2 flanged nugget. It shouldn't need a spacer with the .5a/r compressor housing if it has the right turbine housing

Incidentally. Direct quote from GCG for the proper one last week was 2,450 inc the fitting kit but i do the rotating of the housing and install turbine and actuator and shit like that. Pick up. Doesnt include gaskets

yeah, straight turbo price was 2150. You're paying an extra 200 for the actuator and bracket straight up and there's a premium on the proper garrett IW housing too.

It's not significantly higher than an online seller though and the fact that they are 20 minutes from home is an advantage when the shit hits the fan (if it ever does). consider an ex gate 3076 goes for an average of 1800 these days and it's not far off the mark.

I guess if they're close to home that might be a bonus for you...

ive been looking around myself to buy within the next couple of weeks... ATP quotes (in US dollars) around $1450 plus $95 shipping to your door. Converting that to Australian dollars gives around $1730 Aus delivered to your door. And thats with the proper garret IW housing (0.63 im going for with a 2.75" inlet diameter in case anyone is interested in similar).

Get a fitting kit local from somewhere and you're looking at about $2000.

I haven't bought anything just yet, still looking. Anyone else's hunting experience is welcome.

GCG definitely aren't the cheapest but from a few warranty claims I've heard of they are definitely offer a no fuss warranty.

They can be picked up for around $1800ish with actuator but you do have to shop around. On occasions MTQ have specials on the gt30 and gt35's which sees them down around that price.

What do CRD do the GT30 IW for? Last I checked they were fairly well priced.

sorry typo, meant to say .63. i agree, i thought the price was a bit steep when i spoke to my mechanic, gonna go in tomorrow and have a chat to him. i was thinking the total figure for it to be a bolt on job would be around $2300. but if it really is $2600 for the whole kit, i might decline and just buy an hks gt-rs for $2900 from slide.

oh and there's no way i'll be dealing with CRD, had a couple of really bad experiences with them