Fixed Speed Cameras

The Dan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some interesting points from Bill Tuckey.

Try read it with an open mind and some patience as it is long, but this is the message that needs to get out to convince people that staying under the speed and .05 limit will not guarantee your safety on the roads.

It's time the government stopped making revenue from speed.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...5010800,00.html

Emphasis in all Australian states has shifted from surveillance and visual deterrence to speed measurement, as if this is the main crash factor apart from alcohol.

The overemphasis on speed as a factor justifies government investment in ever more sophisticated technology to trap more vehicle users; in fact, government polling shows this gives voters a nice warm feeling because the authorities are seen to be doing something. Thus, as mobile road patrols vanish, we are losing the ability to check on the use of phones, suspended licences, outstanding warrants, underage drivers, the wearing of seat restraints, lane discipline, tailgating, unroadworthy vehicles and the rest.

No longer do police sit and watch for those rolling through stop signs, as they did in the 1970s, nor can they lurk at railway level crossings to stop the growing incidence of vehicle-train crashes. They can't. They simply don't have the manpower, or are diverted to more revenue-worthy pursuits.

Thanks for that Geoff.

and pulling all the bombs off the road...

Went past a 40/45 series land cruiser this morning on the way to the shops to get milk and it was so full of rust if he had hit a pole it would fall apart...

I could see the pedals/feet through a rust hole in the door at the lights...

Man i agree with that Australian article, it's all about public perception to what causes fatal crashes and not actual facts. Same as the whole every import driver is a hoon perception and that hoon's cause fatal crashes....

• 3 weeks later...
Tarragindi off-ramp (M1) on Brisbane's Southside

wow, they're going to get a shitload of tickets out of this one

Saw the camera busy flashing yesterday (targeting car towards city).. i guess not many people realize there was a camera installed in between highway.

Also spotted some lines on Kingsford smith drive somewhere near Harvey st (Eagle Farm) ..? can't see the nice little box tho.. :D:D Anyone seen this ?

• 3 weeks later...
As far as I can tell it is about where the red circle is in the map, on the Hwy there is a gap where the popo used to sit with their radar trap.

That's the one that i saw few weeks ago busy flashing.. so i guess it just started to operate now.. :thumbsup: