SAU Community

Need Advice Update

NISMO

Nice choice Bobby.

Whilst your car is nice, I think the black one the better car.

Best of luck!

Get some pics up when you get the rims on it too. It will look sensational.

Thanks mate,

I think this black one is just a much better all round sports car, where as my auto was more a cruising car.

Yes I know they're the same car with the same engine, but the transmission and the brakes just do it for me.

Will definitely get some pics up once the wheels are on. I'm actually thinking of going for some TE37's now, but will wait till i get these first and see how they look.

Well, all i can say is WOW.

I sold my 05 auto on Tuesday, flew up to Sunshine coast Wed morning, picked up the 04 manual and drove back to Sydney, arrived this morning.

The, "wow" part is on how different the manuals are to the auto's. I can't believe how much quicker they feel. This of course could be just my perception but man are they great to drive.

The car seems to be in fine condition, and didn't skip a beat doing 1100k's in less than a day. The most surprising part was how much it just wants to pull and pull. In sixth gear doing 120, you can tap the accelerator and the thing throws you back and hits 160 in a blink.

Features wise, the car has full Nismo shocks/springs, Fujitsubo exhaust (i think including the Y pipe)Front lip, one of earth grounding wire kit thingys, sunroof and all the other premium goodies except for the Nav. It also has the auto fold down side mirrors when reversing which will help keep that damn gutter rash away.

It also seems to have an upgraded clutch but this is just cause I don't think the stocker would be so harsh/grippy.

All in all I am one very rapt owner of my new, slightly older 6MT V35, and really can't get over the fact at how different a car it is to the auto.

I clocked my auto a 1:21 around Wakefield so can't wait till it cools down to do a few laps in this one. I should do quite a bit better, with the better suspension, wheels, Brembo's and the manual tranny. In the auto's defence, I took it very very easy as didn't want to overheat the gearbox.

Bed time now. :-)

Well, all i can say is WOW.

I sold my 05 auto on Tuesday, flew up to Sunshine coast Wed morning, picked up the 04 manual and drove back to Sydney, arrived this morning.

The, "wow" part is on how different the manuals are to the auto's. I can't believe how much quicker they feel. This of course could be just my perception but man are they great to drive.

The car seems to be in fine condition, and didn't skip a beat doing 1100k's in less than a day. The most surprising part was how much it just wants to pull and pull. In sixth gear doing 120, you can tap the accelerator and the thing throws you back and hits 160 in a blink.

Features wise, the car has full Nismo shocks/springs, Fujitsubo exhaust (i think including the Y pipe)Front lip, one of earth grounding wire kit thingys, sunroof and all the other premium goodies except for the Nav. It also has the auto fold down side mirrors when reversing which will help keep that damn gutter rash away.

It also seems to have an upgraded clutch but this is just cause I don't think the stocker would be so harsh/grippy.

All in all I am one very rapt owner of my new, slightly older 6MT V35, and really can't get over the fact at how different a car it is to the auto.

I clocked my auto a 1:21 around Wakefield so can't wait till it cools down to do a few laps in this one. I should do quite a bit better, with the better suspension, wheels, Brembo's and the manual tranny. In the auto's defence, I took it very very easy as didn't want to overheat the gearbox.

Bed time now. :-)

glad you're enjoying your new ride. the manual is quite different from the auto. as for the clutch, i may be wrong but i think that's standard. takes a while to get used to but a couple of days drive in traffic will help you get used to it.

looks like a really nice car. has anyone gone over 185 kph on this thing? just wondering because the speedo seems a bit limited to 180-190 although the car certainly feels like it will go beyond that easily.