SAU Community

Alarm + Turbo Timer Packages

phat_allen

Hey guy,

Im looking at getting an alarm and turbo timer installed . Does anyone know any good places that they have used?

I was gonna get both done at once so that i dont have a turbo timer that gets overridden by the alarm later.

cheers

Mate give Leon from Security in motion a call... He comes to you and installs it, He's done quite a few stagea installs and knows them well.

I got the Autowatch alarm with 3 immobilisers etc...

www.securityinmotion.com.au

i think only boommerang got those functions alram, immobiliser, turbo timer, remote start and a pager. But i dont know where you can get that system in australia.

i own a c34 stagea and that is my job installing allarms in sydney i do allarm with immobliser 3point and turbo timer hooked up to the locking for $450.00 in all skylines and stageas

i am Adams auto accessories 0405221994 and i am a mobile service in sydney

Unless you're running an oil-cooled only turbo, a turbo timer is a waste of time.... and money.

even then it isnt needed

mine is turned off, and Ive been running an oil-cooled highflow for over a year now

1st mod I did to the car was disable the TT

i own a c34 stagea and that is my job installing allarms in sydney i do allarm with immobliser 3point and turbo timer hooked up to the locking for $450.00 in all skylines and stageas

i am Adams auto accessories 0405221994 and i am a mobile service in sydney

datzla,

I had an alarm fitted but the guy had never done a stag before and although the job he did was great he didn't know how to disconnect the dimming interior light so I get an "open door alarm" if I arm the alarm before the 20 secs (or what ever it is).

Is there an easy way to disconnect this feature... would simply taking the bulb out do it?

antony

Unless you're running an oil-cooled only turbo, a turbo timer is a waste of time.... and money.

I very much agree.

Its just as easy and a lot cheaper to just leave the engine running a bit longer (1 minute is plenty) if you've been thrashing the turbo a bit just before stopping. If you're just cruising around at 60 the turbo's probably half asleep anyway so you can safely just turn the ignition off. Running the engine while the car's not moving, particularly with the A/C on, will likely result in engine temps actually increasing.

If you've been driving on the highway at 80-110km/h for any length of time its just a matter of remembering to leave it running for about 1 minute once you stop. Most of the time you'd be stopping for fuel or something so a turbo timer wont help you here.

Besides, its illegal to walk away from the car with the engine running (turbo timer or not) so for the sake of 30 seconds to 1 minute of your time, its just as easy to switch it off yourself :)

No need to worry if the alarm will activate correctly or if the immobiliser will work etc. Also note that with a turbo timer, you wont get the beep sound when you leave your lights on and turn the ignition "off".

I had one on my last car (nissan silvia turbo) and found it to be more trouble than its worth.

By all means get one if its what you want, but as others have said, they are unnecessary. :(

• 3 weeks later...

hows it going he has hooked up to the door wire at the interior light which dims out the factory keyless entry module is to the left of the glove box get the door wire there it does not dim and works great i have lost count of how many i have done just test the wires with a test light till u find the right one if u have any problems finding it tell me and i will pull mine appart and tell u the wire collour

datzla,

I had an alarm fitted but the guy had never done a stag before and although the job he did was great he didn't know how to disconnect the dimming interior light so I get an "open door alarm" if I arm the alarm before the 20 secs (or what ever it is).

Is there an easy way to disconnect this feature... would simply taking the bulb out do it?

antony

hows it going he has hooked up to the door wire at the interior light which dims out the factory keyless entry module is to the left of the glove box get the door wire there it does not dim and works great i have lost count of how many i have done just test the wires with a test light till u find the right one if u have any problems finding it tell me and i will pull mine appart and tell u the wire collour