SAU Community

It Has Begun.........

MissR34

ok all!

well tomorow is the day that my 75 hp Zex Nitrous Oxide kit gets put in (can take up to 2 days), then after that, the 12" Sub is going in along with the led tail lights,

and once that is all done, the girl will be going done to Southern Hi Tech Dyno to have the Apexi Power FC installed, along with some R34 GTT Fuel Injectors put in, and some special spark plugs that are needed to go with the NOS Kit, and then its all tuning, tuning, tuning

with the hope of some very good results, without the nos, and with :) we are hoping to crack over 200kW with the NOS)

will let you all know what happens.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet

wet or dry kit?

the interesting thing will be the torque curve b4 and after

the awesome thing about a nos kit is the torque they create - as power is generated from torque

and your exhaust is the right size too - a nos'd engine should have a decent size exhaust as it flows a damn lot when you hit that button....

i could imagine seeing a graph of 200kw and 700+nm of torque.....

Looking forward to this cara!..

Its gonna be cool!

I see you went down the PFC way.. Well its a good choice now you spilled the beans on the NOS too..

Just make sure your passenger footwell dosnt blow out during your first drag reace.. :w00t:

lol, "i think that hundred shot of nos, blew in intake welds of your mainfold" whilst the footwell somehow came undun and flew out the back of the car. great movie lol

Great work Carla, i wish i had that kinda dosh to fork out at once, should be a massive increase in power, will be great down a strip, how the rest of the suspention and breaks are going to be up to the task on the 1/4 or track, would love to see some results cause im not sure i've seen anything on any na skylines with nos.

What else is planned for this beast, i like wats going on atm but would love to hear some more plans, im a little suprised you chose nos so early would have though you would have at least some form of adjustable cam's first to ustilise some of the full potential of the extra oxygen entering the system, but as mentioned earlier the 3" exhaust will help heaps with your extra breathing

Just make sure your passenger footwell dosnt blow out during your first drag reace.. :w00t:

Haha classic!!! gotta love the ole passenger footwell comming loose!

How long does the wet kit last? how much does it cost to top it? Or have i been

watching too many movies...? haha...no clue. BUT it sounds nice :rofl: 200Kw N/A good

hope you get it!

nice work, certainly have been keeping that a secret. have you done your clutch yet? that would be a definite priority on the list.

the power fc should definitely come in handy. you're looking at high 13s/low 14s with a decent launch.

Cara you will love it!! 75hp is about perfect for the 25's and makes them a hell of alot more fun to drive :) as eug said with your setup i would expect very low 14's high 13's from it.

There a big stigma about NOS but i never had any problems with it, as long as it done properly.

the clutch is still on list.....wont be too much longer b4 i get....its holding ok at the moment, and cause im only using the nos for the dyno/track....i just wont go use the nos on the track until i have sorted out the clutch and flywheel.

my fuel injectors will be coming next monday, as that is the earlist the guy i am getting them from can send them, which is fine....

whats next???? hmmm.........defintely stage 2 cams are looking good, with bigger valve springs and getting the hgeads shaved back and bored out.

i concolidated my loan so i went for a little extra money to get soeme stuff done to the car....im glad i did cause it now means that i can focus on saving up for the cams etc over xmas and c what happens from there.... cant wait to see how the car takes the power fc, can get between 10-20 kW increase, maybe more though, and i dont really know about the injectors, i think the stock R34 N/A ones are 250 or 275 cc and the stock R34 GTT ones are 350 or 375 cc, so there is a bit of a difference, so hoping for the best

i dont need to get a bigger fuel pump yet, but ive written it down as on the things to get in the next few months.

ive been asked to go to the mildura drags one weekend when they are next one, will definatly see if i can go and see what kind of 1/4 mile time the girl can run, with and without nos.

i have a show next weekend (dec 8/9 and apprantly i am the only one with nos that is going on the dyno, even though i wont count for my final kW's, it will still be used to put on a show for the crowd.....

Sounds like you got everything pretty well sorted..

Are you sure you wont be needing a fuel pump?

When I did an engine swap with an RB25DET into an R32 with an RB20DET fuel pump, the car wasnt makeing any more power after 4K And thats with a 220 RWKW engine

So Im asuming that an NA pump will have the same if not less L/min capacity than a 2L turbo.

And cos the engines will have similar power outputs, from my experince.. the fuel pump will have to be swapped..

Where will the NOS be injected into the ingine? Mani? Intake? Direct?

well i spoke to my dyno guy yesterday (John is putting the power fc in, the injectors and tuning...oh so much tuning) and i asked him if i would need to get a fuel pump, and he said not right now. (nd he knows everything that i am getting done)

but i just found out that the n/a injectors are 259 cc and the gtt injectors are 370 cc

from what Phu was telling me (he is putting in the nos kit down at Emtech automotive) it will go through one of intake manifold thingos (see pic, its the area that is circled in blue). so it will put in directly.

Edited by MissR34