SAU Community

It Has Begun.........

MissR34

I was at High tech dyno today fiddling with the fueling on the dyno as my tune was alittle too rich, just on idle chatter about various cars with one of the tuners, your atmo Nitrous+PFC subject came up and coincidentally I see the topic here today.

Very interesting to say the least, good luck with everything :nyaanyaa:

cheers dude, the car is booked in for tuesday for the power fc and everything else to be done

cant wait to see the final result

and Eug - the 1/4 mile time will come to due time........will be done when the new clutch goes in tho wouldnt trust my current clutch with the nos lol

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Nuts!! Nos on a NA now thats something you dont see everyday...

All the best Cara, :)

hopefully you get us some power figures or a quarter-mile time, would be very interesting

I dont think so.. The pistons cause vacume and hence suction at different times.. the valves will be open to allow the piston to create suction and taking in the bulk of the NOS. Because not all 6 cyl's are creating suction at the same time ther isnt much "comptetiton" from others. Residue may be left near cylinders 3 and 4. But they wont be getting significantly more NOS than the others..

Not sure if this makes sence.. cos I have a feeling it dosnt..

i see what your saying and you do make a point, but the intake chamber is always filled with air/nitrous. i would think that as cylinders 3 and 4 are on their intake stroke - it provides the most direct path from the two intake pipes.

who knows, it's all just speculation on our parts without some flow bench testing.

and Eug - the 1/4 mile time will come to due time........will be done when the new clutch goes in tho wouldnt trust my current clutch with the nos lol

oh understandable - but your clutch is coming out anyway, may as well fark it good and proper! :)

yeah i know but the last thing i want is to drive home with a car thats got a mucked up clutch!!!

might even have to go heavy duty button.............mmmmm must think about that one

any sort of trigger will do.

light switch, missle switch, the horn on your steering wheel, etc.

:D:(:D

Cara.. Please PLEASE **PLEASE** dont get one of those wankey missile switches with the red flappy thing!

and you should of mounted the NOS under the front passengers seat!.. :)

It doesnt matter how much the cylinders are sucking, the speed at which it does it makes it almost a constant although resonant flow, if there is more fuel and nitrous near 1 or two cylinders they will get more and therefore you start breaking things.

Regards to engine damage, nitrous done properly is safe, like any power adder your making your engine work harder and hence will wear quicker. Nitrous, N2O breaks down in the combustion chamber into oxygen and nitrogen, while the oxygen provides the extra power the Nitrogen is non flamable and acts as a compresible buffer (like a gas shock absorber if you like) making it no where near as bad as some may think. I did almost 50,000k's on my 25DE with a 75hp wet kit trying to kill it and couldnt.

The stigma about nitrous originated before wet kits were available and people not adding enough fuel for the amount of nitrous used resulting in lean burns and hence dead engines.

Looks great Cara cant wait to see results from the drags. I got almost 14 flats out of mine with a home tuned SAFC and it used to upset a few turbo cars.

ok everyones!

the power fc, and injectors wont be going in until thurs-fri now.

well i have a silver flick on/off switch for the nos, sorry no missile switch GTS4WD, cause i know u really really want me to have one :D

so there is the on/off switch and there is a push button for the purge.

so how foes my nos kit work? well the bottle must be connected (duh) and turned on, the switch must be on, and then when the car hits full throttle, the nos kicks in......and away we go baby!!!!!!!!

:D

and the power fc is a gtt one with the hand controller

When it hits full throttle? Not before hand or anytime necessary?

Is the button on the steering wheel? the one for the purge.

Would love to see a video of when nos kicks in. :P

yup no extra button to be pushed.

both buttons are next to each next to the steering, basically in an area where it would be hard to see if u were standing next to the car looking in, but they are easy to reach

and with extreme horsepower coming up this weekend ..... i will be shooting my dyno runs i will make sure :P

Cara this is one tough lil N/A she is going to tuff as! i really hope to hear more about this down the track.

i remember how excited u was about the graphics...but nos, power fc, audio, it all coming together really nice now!

can you run nos on the street though or is this only intended for strip and show

The bottle as you can see in the pics is connected and isn't just an empty bottle. :ermm:

Who needs a PFC for show :P?

can you run nos on the street though or is this only intended for strip and show

it's very illegal to run it on the street. anything to do with nitrous isn't allowed.

no nozzles, no lines, no bottle, no cabin switches, nothing - they will defect you for any of those.

the popo won't give you any exceptions and no amount of mod plating will give you a get out of jail free card.

one of the reasons why many people don't run it.

very cool cara and i can't wait like everyone else for some drag times, but i'll advise you to either remove your number plate or be a little more discrete :whistling:

so there is the on/off switch and there is a push button for the purge.

so how foes my nos kit work? well the bottle must be connected (duh) and turned on, the switch must be on, and then when the car hits full throttle, the nos kicks in......and away we go baby!!!!!!!!

THATS SOOOOO AWESOME!!!.. I didnt know you could run it in that form of configuration!..

So you have an extra 75hp on tap when ever you need it.. just mash the loud pedal!.. :thumbsup:

How long would a bottle last?.. If you flat chat for a while.. (say at the drags).. do you have a rough idea how long a bottle will last?

hey in melb i though the leagalities with NOS were that you could have it all set up and plummed in but you arn't allowd to have the bottle connected

Same with NSW..

Bear in mind Cara is in SA.. where everything is legal :thumbsup: with cheap imports

forgot about her being in SA. although i did hear that you're not even supposed to have a bottle in an enclosed spot in the car (even a bbq cylinder).

i think the nozzle and lines is a technicality (state depending). even if it is legal, it's up to the booking officer to do whatever he/she wants.