SAU Community

It Has Begun.........

MissR34

Well your not technically allowed to have any compressed gas cylinders in any confined space, have to be on a truck, with dangerous good sign's posted all over it, really even bbq cylinders arnt allowed to be carried in cars because they are classified as dangerous goods, but where do you stop?

If a cop wants to get you for something there is always a way. it would be best on the roads to not keep the bottle even in the car if you had a car set-up for nos, i'd feel safer with less flamible materials on board my car, damn idiots ran me off the road imagine a rear ender couple of sparks and a cracked nos bottle!!!

There was a study a while back that some Vic roads testers got some brand new cars fresh off the the lot and went over and did a complete vehical test on them and everyone had something that failed yes it was extreamly minor insignificant things but still technically caniraible go figure. Theres too many laws out there but if your not an idiot on the road and your NICE to the officer than you shouldnt have any problems with minor things

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot about her being in SA. although i did hear that you're not even supposed to have a bottle in an enclosed spot in the car (even a bbq cylinder).

i think the nozzle and lines is a technicality (state depending). even if it is legal, it's up to the booking officer to do whatever he/she wants.

mmkay.. so what your saying is that Cara needs to strap the NOS bottle on her roof so as it is not in a confined space!?!

I LIKE IT!

can you run nos on the street though or is this only intended for strip and show

no you cant run nos on the street it is illegal, and yes it is inteded for strip/dyno and show

it's very illegal to run it on the street. anything to do with nitrous isn't allowed.

no nozzles, no lines, no bottle, no cabin switches, nothing - they will defect you for any of those.

the popo won't give you any exceptions and no amount of mod plating will give you a get out of jail free card.

one of the reasons why many people don't run it.

very cool cara and i can't wait like everyone else for some drag times, but i'll advise you to either remove your number plate or be a little more discrete :)

and yes that is all true as i discovered today

well i was told different stories

e.g yes i could have to bottle in aslong as it is disconnected etc and the other one was nothing involving the nos kit is allowed in the car

i have a friend whos son is a police officer here in sa and i asked her to ask him a few questions for me, and she said that they know what they are looking for and nothing of the nos is allowed (including the lines) but he is gona find out some more info

it was more "confirmed" " than anything i guess

Edited by MissR34

cool cool, i rekon if you dont keep the bottle in the car they shouldnt hassle you, you could even unplug and block off the squirters rather easily that way nothings connected its just as if the kit were sitting uninstalled in your ar then nothing they can do if its not hooked into the engine

apprantly they can defect u for all of it, if the lines are there they can defect. cause its "intention if use", itaken the bottle out, which i did friday after i picked the car up, when i got home.

mmm thats quite gay, mabye you'll have to cover the braided lines in black vacum hose, unplug the sprayer nosle and tuck it away, and somehow hide all the purple fittings, mabye put some black elec tape over them, that was it all blends into the stardart systems and you would never know, be very hard to tell unless you were specifically looking for it, and hey being na they dont look as much under the bay, normally oh its na then close the bonnet.

it a lot of bs really

not really... can you imagine everyone driving around and using nitrous?

having the direct port injection is 'slightly' better, as all the lines should be running under the plenum.

good luck with it, the legalities was one of my main reasons to stay away from it.

mmm i know what you mean imagine the hoons with nos, but for those of us who use our cars like Cara for some offroad use i dont see why it should be illegle to have the lines if they are disconnected and no bottle, but you gotta think the adverage cop has no clue what they are talking about with cars, yes most traffic officers have some training but hell i could have a look at an engine bay and not know there are some extra vacum lines running over the manifold im sure after 5-10 mins of tracking i could sorce that they are nos related but they arnt going to spend that long looking under the hood unless they are suspitious or want to get you for something.

Not being sexist but males have a tendency to be known more as hoons than females so they'd prob be even less thourough with a search on your car.

^^^^bwahahaahah

my understanding of the laws was that everywhere but WA and QLD you could have a nos kit, but the bottle was not allowed to be in the car on the road

WA and QLD its illegal to even have the NOS lines......

guy i no has 2 nos kits - one for the engine, one for the intercooler spray....