SAU Community

Keyed :(

After barely 3 months with my "previously flawless sparkling silver paintjob" car, its been keyed... :D

It must have been yesterday afternoon when it was parked in the multistory carpark at Woden. I suppose I shouldn't have left it there anyway, but WHAT THE #^$!!!

6 or 7 seperate scratches all along the left side. Luckily they don't seem to be very deep - when I run my fingers across them I can barely feel them in the paintwork.

Anyhow, I was wondering how to go about fixing it. I'm hoping that because the scratches are not deep, some sort of cut & polish might do the trick?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should go for this sort of thing? I'm not keen to do it myself for fear of screwing the paint completely.

:P

:goddam:

John

Guest RedLineGTR

Silver is abit of a bitch to fix up compaired to a plain colour...go to a detailer see what they say about it, or even i mates/friends panel beater..to get some advice, i dont have silver paint but i'm sure someone has delt with some ideas or experiments. Cheers Rob

Guest RedLineGTR

Can ya maybe take a photo of the scratches, you might be able to cut em out i assume it has a clear coat..you could do it yourself but i would get maybe a detailer to do it properly, depends on the depth of the scatches.

Sorry, John, no advice on this except to offer commiserations. My line looks exactly like yours and I consider parking in Woden every now and then. Some people just suck, don't they.

I wonder if you might have any luck with security cameras? Just a thought.

Anyway, sorry mate. If it's any consolation, this is the first instance of line keying I've heard of in Canberra. :)

Sg.

Got it sorted on the weekend at F&F (where I bought it). The guy they use to clean up their cars spent a hour or two and got them all out.

They were only in the top layer of clear paint, and so he was able to do a dry(?) cut and polish, and then put more of the clear protective layer over the top. Looks like new again!

:band:

John

Your lucky, i hate thet car park coz last time i was in there some one backed, drove i dont know which right into my car and put some seriouse dints into it, its gunna cost a fair bit to get done, but reading how they got the scratched out of your car it makes me fell a little better coz the paint isnt damaged as such, just plastic/rubber burn from the other car, and the dints/damage, it would be possible to push these out from the boot i think, it hurt though, 3weeks after i got the car, was in schmick cond when i got it apart from a scratch caused buy preivious owner on the rear gurad, luckly the same as the one that has been damaged.

well that sucks, but glad to hear you got it back like new!

I hate that carpark near the movies...was that the one? or was it the old skool multi story (that goes into DJ's)?

I've been parking my car behind Hoyts for ages and had no trouble yet, i work at Big W and don't finish until 10pm or later every night. If these things are happening i might move my parking spot, dont wanna get the new car ruined.

Originally posted by jnr_j

It was the movies carpark. I was even watching a movie at the time!

mmm... those Woden Hoyts seats sure beat belco. (just moved house to Weston)

Aren't they great!! I go to Woden too instead of Tuggers (even though i live right next to the Hyperdome).

Terminal, at least the movies carpark would still have people around at 10pm, would be better than leaving it in the DJ's one or the one under Woolies I would think? They'd be pretty much deserted...easier for thieves...speaking of that, does anyone know if any of them have cameras?

I think the multistory in front of hoyts does, but i only park there or around the back of the cinemas, so i dunno about the rest of the carparks. i know th eone around the back doesnt because numerous times we've come out of work and someones car has had its window smashed or car stolen. only old volvos or commondores though, nothing important

I hate people who don't respect or be careful around other peoples cars. the dints on my doors are slowly building up just because f**kwits can't be a bit more careful getting in and out of their cars. Also, the hoyts carpark at woden is terrible. My girlfriends car is just one of many that have been broken into there. Center management just said "Yep, that happens pretty regularly". Was a couple of years ago and has possibly got better (since Burnie court was ripped down and there aren't as many smackies to go "shopping" anymore)

It happen to me up here in Sydney,

My line was outside my girls house and got keyed,

One of the locals told me who it was so I broke his arm,

abd I did feel better, after that I went to the panel shop and got it fixed.

cam...

One of my mates works for MIL and he said that the Hoyts carpark in woden is probably one of the worst in Canberra for having cars nicked from it!

I just remind myself that this is why I put up with paying stupidly big comprehensive insurance premiums and why I paid all that money for a good alarm!

The dent king is a champ at getting little door dings out of the car and doesn't charge a lot.

I have to take my line out to a detailer to get some scuffs on the front bar fixed up. Some stupid pole in the Mauka underground carpark desided to jump out at me while my girlfriend was distracting me! lol :P