SAU Community

How Do I Get Exhaust Flames?

sidewayssam

hey all how can u get ur car to throw flames from the exhaust? yesterday mournin i was drivin up the freeway and a white r33 with number plates strich9 went past and when changed gear threw out a decent flame from the exhuast, how can u get your car to do it or is it something that just happens with the unburnt fuel when u back off?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Atmo bov running rich on gear change and flaming... mine does it to.

Metal Cats seem to have be collapsing on a few ppl purely due to excess exhaust heat, let alone flames

Seen rotary turbos do it on decel... nice long ones for like ten seconds lol

Bee*R limiter is my fav to watch, but im not brave enough to run one.

decat pipe and atmo bov, but get rdy for your car to stall when you go from whoosh to idle nissan's ecu doesnt like it.....

My old car did it all the time and GTR does it but thats just decat kept the Stock bov's as the last car got to me with the atmo bov sounds nice but really gets to you when you try to drive into driveways

^^^

That kit is basically a spark plug in your exhaust that sparks when you hit the switch. It just lights up any unburnt fuel in your exhuast. I'm sure it would be yellow sticker worthy.

A few kits I've seen actually use a small tank of gas or something.

Have to say a race spec'd car popping flames is a beautiful sight, but a kit with a switch is right up there with the lamest of the lames.

missfiring system and stuff lol....

was tis deliberately done or missfiring?

cos when i first got the car it was misfiring. and one day a fren was following me from behind and n rev the car around 4000-4500 rpm it misfired. saw a huge cloud of black smoke.

my fren told me there were flames n then the black smoke came out like the clip.

will tis cause any damages to the car?

according to SAU forum n mechanics its the coilpacks but i havent replace it yet.