SAU Community

A Christmas Update On Our 2004 M35 Ar-x

Muz

Well, IMO there is nothing to stop the other parties signing up and putting their side of the story accross, and as a business desicion, if it were my company, I would either defend myself here, if I felt I needed to, or just ignore the forum all together. I certainly wouldn't want an "uninvolved" third party trying to make my arguments for me.......:P

As for all this crap abiout defamation, could someone please point out where the complaince shop or importer is named anywhere here? Because I can't find it. As for the PM's etc, that is what we call "word of mouth"

I kinda don't understand the purpose of the above post. Talk about kicking a bloke when he's down! These guys have just gone through every imported vehicle owners worst nightmare, and I for one think they have a right to vent their spleen.

Just my 2c anywayz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so before any one really decides their opinions based on what muz has to say i urge you all to concider what the import broker and compliance shop had actually offered to muz in order to rectfy the problem i think they should be comendered for trying to do the right thing and im sure they were acting in muz best interest as they wouldn't want a unhappy customer nor would they want to be slandered in the forums.

commended for doing what they are required to do? The fact remains that they are at fault for even offering the car for sale without compliance availability (which is fine if the buyer is aware it may not be possible - ie. for track/race cars etc, but this doesn't sound like the case). My opinion is that they shouldn't have accepted any more than a deposit until the car had been fully complianced and only then should they have taken the rest of the cash. Sure Muz knows NOW that it cant be complianced, but have a think about who was making the more informed decisions at the time...

However its nothing to do with me so I wont comment further.

Suffice to say that if a company makes a mistake, fixing that mistake is what they are REQUIRED to do, its not what I'd call "going the extra mile".

look i could be right out of place but this is just how i see it i don't think it is fair to post up stuff on a forum as it is very one sided and not fair on the other parties involed remember there is two side to this were only hearing one.

I believe you are. Muz has not mentioned the name of the importer, and has been very reasonable about it when all is considered.

I dont believe anyone said "dont buy through this importer" either...its more just a "buyer beware" in order to caution people and get them to ask the right questions when they do go through an importer. At least thats what I took from this whole thing.

commended for doing what they are required to do? The fact remains that they are at fault for even offering the car for sale without compliance availability (which is fine if the buyer is aware it may not be possible - ie. for track/race cars etc, but this doesn't sound like the case). My opinion is that they shouldn't have accepted any more than a deposit until the car had been fully complianced and only then should they have taken the rest of the cash. Sure Muz knows NOW that it cant be complianced, but have a think about who was making the more informed decisions at the time...

However its nothing to do with me so I wont comment further.

Suffice to say that if a company makes a mistake, fixing that mistake is what they are REQUIRED to do, its not what I'd call "going the extra mile".

I believe you are. Muz has not mentioned the name of the importer, and has been very reasonable about it when all is considered.

I dont believe anyone said "dont buy through this importer" either...its more just a "buyer beware" in order to caution people and get them to ask the right questions when they do go through an importer. At least thats what I took from this whole thing.

well put steve and guys we all feel for you and would hate to be in your shoes .the way i have read the post from you 2 is a warning that this can happen to people again . regards mike

all very very true i wouldn't like to be in the same situation as muz and i can only imagine what i would do if i was, i said what i felt even if i pissed people off i dont care in the slightest bit what so ever but i'm not all that mean so muz no matter what i say or think and how unfair or hartless towards you i might seam i never said i was nice but i do hope that this does come to a end for you and you can have your car on the road soon good luck with it all :P

tangles 82, you're kind of implying that Muz has defamated a certain business by naming them publically on these forums. He's quite aware of the forum rules that he's not allowed to do so. If people choose to PM him and ask for the details, then that is fine - a PM is just that: a Private Message.

I can understand that you are trying to put the side of the importer forward so that we can see "both sides of the story," but unless you yourself are the importer (or a friend or representative of them, or whatever), then it's equally unfair on Muz that you say that he's not being reasonable about the offers he's been made previously.

Unfortunately, tangles82, your posts have upset a number of others on this forum. You've noted that you're not worried about "pissing people off" but some consideration should be given for people in Muz's place who are not just financially out of pocket, but quite possibly emotionally affected by the stresses and strains of being in such a situation. The fact remains that the information given to him in the first instance was that there would be little problem in obtaining compliance certification and that he'd have his car on the road in a reasonable amount of time after purchase and importing, and he (and others) have gone with this information in good faith, and have since been burnt by doing so.

Well said Goldzilla everything aside i would like to know the out come down the tract when this is all solved and you finally do get your car muz. no matter who agrees with who and who say what we will never agree, however were all here with one thing in common and thats the cars maybe some times it's better not to voice your opinions and bite your tounge, no one want to see any one be hard done by when it comes to their car but shit does happen and it's crap. and hopfully it doesnt happen again to any one.

Edited by tangles82

yes it's different. that's the whole problem here. :yes:

Well actually Baron (and I thank you for coming to my defence as only one of such true noble personnage would :D ) it is not different at all. The difference is in the way ADR's changed after 11/2003. Same car/same engine could be made a matter of hours apart and according to DOTARS they don't meet the standard required.

I have previously attempted to explain the "generous" offer made by the compliance shop to purchase the car and never at any stage have we declined the offer! Quite simply we just didn't think that 9 or 10 months later we would still be no closer to getting our car. When we did agree to accept the offer just prior to xmas, it was no longer there. At no stage has the import broker ever offered to purchase the vehicle from us.

As someone has already alluded to, the original post was put there as a warning to all who may frequent this forum. Ensure that you thoroughly research everything (I really thought I did) prior to committing and try and be absolutely sure that if you are going to use a broker get as many references as you can. $35000.00 is a lot of money to my wife and I and we are not prepared to just write it off as "just one of those things" and whoever it was that made the smart crack about bending over and taking it please feel free to send me your $35000.00 dollars and I'll quite happily do that. If your not prepared to do that then please keep your arcane comments to your self.

Cheers to all

Muz

Edited by Muz

Well actually Baron (and I thank you for coming to my defence as only one of such true noble personnage would :yes: ) it is not different at all. The difference is in the way ADR's changed after 11/2003. Same car/same engine could be made a matter of hours apart and according to DOTARS they don't meet the standard required.

I have previously attempted to explain the "generous" offer made by the compliance shop to purchase the car and never at any stage have we declined the offer! Quite simply we just didn't think that 9 or 10 months later we would still be no closer to getting our car. When we did agree to accept the offer just prior to xmas, it was no longer there. At no stage has the import broker ever offered to purchase the vehicle from us.

As someone has already alluded to, the original post was put there as a warning to all who may frequent this forum. Ensure that you thoroughly research everything (I really thought I did) prior to committing and try and be absolutely sure that if you are going to use a broker get as many references as you can. $35000.00 is a lot of money to my wife and I and we are not prepared to just write it off as "just one of those things" and whoever it was that made the smart crack about bending over and taking it please feel free to send me your $35000.00 dollars and I'll quite happily do that. If your not prepared to do that then please keep your arcane comments to your self.

Cheers to all

Muz

Muz and Mathew

I comend all the information you have posted on this sad experience for you both. Having just bought a NM35 I have certainly found all the information excelant and have learn't so much from this forum. I think it is great that you have warned everyone of the potential pitfalls of importing a car and the risks involved because so much is unknow (even by the so called experts).

This is my first import car and I was a little surprised at the unhelpful nature of the Australian Nissan distributor. I would have thought suppling parts to imported cars could be so lukrative for them but they are not interested.

Without this forum and people like yourselves sharing your positive and negative experiences, owning an import car could be so difficult.

I hope that the compience does come through soon.

:D

Muz and Mathew

This is my first import car and I was a little surprised at the unhelpful nature of the Australian Nissan distributor. I would have thought suppling parts to imported cars could be so lukrative for them but they are not interested.

Without this forum and people like yourselves sharing your positive and negative experiences, owning an import car could be so difficult.

I hope that the compience does come through soon.

:cheers:

Thanks cobber. I guess only time will tell what happens with the cars. On another note, not all Nissan dealers are unhelpful as my local spare parts guy is bloody great in sourcing parts for my R34 and he sticks at it even though it may take a couple of days to locate part numbers so stick with it.

Cheers

Murray

Edited by Muz

I just want to take this opportunity to say thanks to the many people who have PM'd me offering all kinds of support. What an absolutely fantastic bunch of blokes you all are and it is very reassuring to know that the good old Aussie credo of sticking by your mates still exists in a great many people.

Of course, there are still those very un-australian ones out there who think it is fun to sink the boot in when someone is going through a rough patch. I thank you for your PM's as well. You will notice that I didn't bother to answer you.

Cheers to all and lets see what the new year brings (hopefully a very nice Stagea AR-X)

Muz

Edited by Muz

• 2 weeks later...

Well the New Year has arrived and already almost one month gone and still no answer from the compliance workshop. Remember guys we aren't allowed to ring him because he says that it is very upsetting for him and his staff to have someone constantly (once every six weeks or so) harrassing him. So he has demanded that we use email which I have but they choose not to answer them either. Probably just filters them straight into the trash bin. Got to talking with a friend of the Iron Chef and he informs me that nothing will happen before late march at the earliest as the testing people are relocating their workshop in Melbourne so wont be doing any testing until that is completed.

I'm still more than happy to tell everyone who the incompetent import broker is via PM so nobody else gets caught by these cretins.

cheers and have a great Aussie Day

Muz