SAU Community

Reminder About Dd's

ChrisCross

I just thought i'd remind everyone again about Double Demerits this holiday season.

Cause we've got 12 days of double demerits over Xmas New Year

Double demerits apply for speeding and seatbelt offences from Friday 21 December to Tuesday 1 January inclusive.

Read all about it at http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/rulesregulations/penalties/demeritpoints/index.html?hfid=ddemerits

Heaps more police around. Saw a silver R33 being pulled over on the F3 between Mt White n Mooney Mooney. looked like a p-plater but not sure. Saw them around 4pm on Friday

Have a merry christmas n take it easy on the roads...

Chris

Edited by ChrisCross

Cause we've got 12 days of double demerits over Xmas New Year

12 days, 12 points. Coincidence? :P

Nah This is what they are really targeting:

..POLICE NOW TARGETING

......SIGN HACKERS..

i R WIN..

...YOU HAVE BEEN

1337 H4X0R3D

:P

lol, I saw that on Saturday morning on the way to Chatswood. I was laughing untill I hit the traffic around the Chase ;)

got the crap scared out of me coming back from dubbo by a highway patrol car, i was only doing 105ish in a 100 zone and it came flying up behind me with lights flashing, i started slowing down and moved over and he went past and pulled an L plater over.

they don't seem to be advertising the fact it's double demerits much any more. personally i'm trying to avoid driving until the dd's are over cause they'll be more cops on the road

a client at my work got done doing 15k's over, her first offence a 6 points lost

yup, definitely a load more cops on the road these days...

i've been lucky and haven't been pulled over yet, but I've had a few close calls..

you always need to have cop-bait around you... stick your neck out too far and it'll get snapped.

a client at my work got done doing 15k's over, her first offence a 6 points lost

ouch. altho doing 15k over during DD is a little silly, i have seen cops hiding in dodgy spots (bottom of steep hills etc) just waiting for you to drift over the limit. that's pretty slack, IMO. they should only catch you on the flats.

yep I escaped DD's alive thank goodness, I'm less than a month away from getting off my dreaded P's finally (shoulda been off the bastards 2yrs ago, damn laziness) so last thing I want is to lose my license now. Not that I speed intentionally but its easy enough to creep over the limit once in a while when youre too busy paying attention to stuff that matters rather than staring down your speedo

Edited by d0p3y

i clocked around 800kms during DD in a turbo import.

Stay under the speed limit and u're safe.

i saw heaps of people get pulled over around. Even this habib in an old statesman who was next to me at a set of traffic lights. I was telling him he had a possum under his car and he took off slowly and got pulled over for some reason. lol

I reckon cops don't care much about supras. They only go after skylines.

afraid to say.. not a good year for me :D

Just curious to know, do policemen have a Flash on their Radars?? or any other speed recording device (Laser)? etc

I was doing abt 111kmh in a 100 zone :D:) silly me,

I think i saw a flash from behind some trees and an un marked commodore parked some 2km down on the M4

can't be sure if it was me, as there were a few other cars around me doing the same speed...

but then again, i can't even be sure if it was a police flash or some blue light i saw through the trees in a factory or sumthing else :) ..........

dam , sooooo anxious. hope i dont get anything in the mail.

i clocked around 800kms during DD in a turbo import.

Stay under the speed limit and u're safe.

i saw heaps of people get pulled over around. Even this habib in an old statesman who was next to me at a set of traffic lights. I was telling him he had a possum under his car and he took off slowly and got pulled over for some reason. lol

I reckon cops don't care much about supras. They only go after skylines.

I did almost 800 just yesterday

Supra? You got one?

Cops dont give you shit if you're under the limit - easy

afraid to say.. not a good year for me :)

Just curious to know, do policemen have a Flash on their Radars?? or any other speed recording device (Laser)? etc

I was doing abt 111kmh in a 100 zone :(:( silly me,

I think i saw a flash from behind some trees and an un marked commodore parked some 2km down on the M4

can't be sure if it was me, as there were a few other cars around me doing the same speed...

but then again, i can't even be sure if it was a police flash or some blue light i saw through the trees in a factory or sumthing else :P ..........

dam , sooooo anxious. hope i dont get anything in the mail.

Most radar's do not have a flash, if the radar operator sees someone doing high speeds they would radio the chasing car (in this case I assume it would be the unmarked commonwh0re parked 2km down the road) telling them that x person is speeding and to chase em down.

However there are new radar setups where the radar is on the ground and the camera is behind it. They need to have a good lock on ~3secs then takes a photo immediately. Quite easy to notice this.

I think all police officers are being currently trained to operate radars, all HWP's know how to use radar's already.

As for your case, ADR's specifies 10% tolerence for speeds, so maybe you are being paranoid.

from

http://rvcs-prodweb.dot.gov.au/files/ADR%201803.pdf

5.3. The speed indicated shall not be less than the true speed of the vehicle. At the test

speeds specified in paragraph 5.2.5. above, there shall be the following relationship

between the speed displayed (V1 ) and the true speed (V2).

0 ≤ (V1 - V2) ≤ 0.1 V2 + 4 km/h

The equation means as follows:

95 Being Indicated speed 90 being true speed.

0 <= 95 -90 <= 90*0.1 +4

0 <= 5 <= 13

So there for Indicating 95 but going 90 is in the acceptable range. Were are as

110 Being Indicated speed 90 being true speed.

0 <= 110-90 <=90*0.1+4

0 <= 20 <= 13 Which means its not acceptable.

So the allowable difference depends on the speed the car is actually traveling.

Put easier, your indicator must NOT be showing a slower speed then the car is travelling, and it must not indicate more the 10%+4km of the true speed

So In a 60 zone, your indicated speed must be between 60-70 to be ADR approved.

In a 80 zone, 80-92

In a 100 zone, 100-114

In a 110 zone, 110-125

Sydney's roads have become WAYYY too restrained. I am constantly paranoid, even in the work Hiace.

Coppahs jumping out of bushes, arresting ppl, pulling over grannies. And that's when they're being nice. When they're p!ssed off anyone under 25 years of age seems to be flashed over and issues a book of fines.

I'm moving to the country. :P

Most radar's do not have a flash, if the radar operator sees someone doing high speeds they would radio the chasing car (in this case I assume it would be the unmarked commonwh0re parked 2km down the road) telling them that x person is speeding and to chase em down.

However there are new radar setups where the radar is on the ground and the camera is behind it. They need to have a good lock on ~3secs then takes a photo immediately. Quite easy to notice this.

I think all police officers are being currently trained to operate radars, all HWP's know how to use radar's already.

As for your case, ADR's specifies 10% tolerence for speeds, so maybe you are being paranoid.

Yep, i think it might just be that i'm paranoid. But it's still annoying, They should inform you quicker then 1 month. Supposedly you have to wait 2 weeks, but a freind of mine didnt recieve a speeding fine for atleast 1 month, and was shocked as he can't remember driving down the road at the time.

Wish it could get over and done with :) ... lol