SAU Community

Reverse Signal Wire?

Ant

Hi all, been lurking here since I bought a 2002 V35 250GT Sedan a while ago. It's the stripper model too, the GTm with non-power seats. But got it at a very good price which leaves $$'s for added goodies...

Since it doesn't have the factory nav I'm adding a 2 din unit which has a reverse camera input. Need to find a reverse signal input for it - I gather that in the US G35s it is the purple wire in a cluster of wires in the (LHD) drivers kick panel. Does anyone know where it is on the JDM version - same/similar place perhaps?

Also any suggestions for reverse cameras and mounting locations - from another post Chris Rogers suggested the Mongoose CCD170B, but it's kinda pricey over here?!

I am fitting a colour CCD reversing camera next week to my v35 coupe. It has ir night vision and so called 180 degree vision. I know it works well as I have bench tested it on and off the car. $100 and it is number plate mount. There is a grommet to passenger side of the centre of boot for the number plate lamps so can use that for the wires. It mounts to the upper two inner holes in the number plate and is adjustable. Power goes to the rev light, video to the front monitor.

You can get the 4 "in bumper" ultrasonic sensors (you can paint to your colour) and control unit with video in / out ($50) that allows on screen distance measure indication overlaid on the reverse camera signal to the monitor.

For an extra $150 you can add a self contained dash minitor with dual video inputs and remote but looks like you already have that sorted. I have made a cable adapter as I have the full premium with TV in the boot.

My thought is to run seperate cable up the left side under carpet as I have no idea about the wiring.

Pm me in new year for details.

Gibbo

quote name='Ant' date='28 Dec 2007, 09:57 PM' post='3554474']

Hi all, been lurking here since I bought a 2002 V35 250GT Sedan a while ago. It's the stripper model too, the GTm with non-power seats. But got it at a very good price which leaves $$'s for added goodies...

Since it doesn't have the factory nav I'm adding a 2 din unit which has a reverse camera input. Need to find a reverse signal input for it - I gather that in the US G35s it is the purple wire in a cluster of wires in the (LHD) drivers kick panel. Does anyone know where it is on the JDM version - same/similar place perhaps?

Also any suggestions for reverse cameras and mounting locations - from another post Chris Rogers suggested the Mongoose CCD170B, but it's kinda pricey over here?!

Gibbo - sounds very interesting, will contact you for more details about that system, sounds like exactly what I'm looking for!

Chris - now why didn't I think of that! Thanks for the heads up re the wire colours, will assume nothing and trace from the lights. Guess that wire terminates at the BCM?