SAU Community

Cross Breeding

Daniel R32

Prob my old white ute.

I didn't realise 350 ATW was sluggish :P

Did you do the conversion or was it like that when you bought it?

64 Studebaker...I think I speak for many when I say "I didnt see that one coming" :yes:

Daniel. Dont know if you could get a 2JZ or an RB in to a VT.

Go a Buick V6 Turboed.

If you that keene on a straight six probably look at something pre VN..mo engine bay.

I had a look at the studebaker and dam is that ugly lol im not a fan of the olden day cars haha im afer a modern car

Yeah ive seen a 2JZ in a vs sedan before so im guessing it wont have any problems fitting into a VT-VX

And yeah im pretty keen on a straight 6 or even a 20B. . .

if you need someone to do the conversion let me know =D

Well this is just all ideas at the moment but if it does end up going ahead it will be getting done in perth (im in karratha) so yeah i will let you know cheers :thumbsup: Did you have any problems fitting the RB into your car? What kind of cost would i be looking at?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have gone from an RB30e, to RB20det and now RB25det so gotten easier lol, but it was not too bad initially. i guess it all depends on the vehicle you choose and the motor you choose. we're currently building a 2JZ conversion which i wont let off what car its going in, but it is another old school conversion =D i guess if you were really keen you could send me a PM when your ready and i can send you a business number etc. and you could talk to my old man.

Edited by cactus

i guess if you were really keen you could send me a PM when your ready and i can send you a business number etc. and you could talk to my old man.

Does he have a workshop that does conversions?

A 70's Volvo station wagon?

I still wish I had my 308 powered one, I liked driving it more than my GTR. You just couldn't stop laughing at people going what the! Going to get milk always took me 2 hours.

Good brakes and diff on them standard. Not to mention the fear other motorists have of them, you get cut off alot less.

A 70's Volvo station wagon?

I still wish I had my 308 powered one, I liked driving it more than my GTR. You just couldn't stop laughing at people going what the! Going to get milk always took me 2 hours.

Good brakes and diff on them standard. Not to mention the fear other motorists have of them, you get cut off alot less.

Was it blue? I remember an old blue volvo station wagon with a v8 back in the blue light drags days, though I think it was a 253.. certainly different, I'll give it that much :)

How about a stagea, converted to 2WD with a VH45DETT? Bulk room in it, massive amounts of tyre shredding torque, and a wagon that looks like the result of a drunken one night stand between a volvo and a camry, but with an awesome V8 rumble :)

Was it blue? I remember an old blue volvo station wagon with a v8 back in the blue light drags days, though I think it was a 253.. certainly different, I'll give it that much :)

Nah ferrari red, lowered, tinted windows.

In it's early days it ran a built 308 with a T350 trans, shift kit and a dana 60 lsd diff. Ran 13.9 @ 101mph at the plex some years ago (with baby seats and a pram in the back).

After getting sick of the fuel bills I de-cammed the motor and put it on LPG. It was cheap to run after that, although it lost a chunk of power. Once child number 4 arrived we sold it to buy something with 6 seats.

There was a silver/blue volvo sedan running a worked 350 chev that ran low 12's on street tyres a few years back. I almost bought it when he had it for sale. How would you feel being beaten by that in your GTR?

Yer i did the conversion on that. Also did my R32 which has the VQ in it.

Nice, so what was the cost of the conversion? If you dont mind me asking. Did you come across any problems when fitting it in?

I could probably do mine my self too (with help of coarse) lining up the motor would be the hard part. .

How did you put the engine mounts on. . like how did you line them up and make sure they were in the right spot?

How about bolting two rb25/26s together to make a Quad turbo V12?

It's been done a few times with Busa motors to make a 2600cc V8

I cant see how that would work. . . got a web site?

How about bolting two rb25/26s together to make a Quad turbo V12?

It's been done a few times with Busa motors to make a 2600cc V8

Do you know how much R&D went into those things? it was no backyard slapjob.

BTW, this is the engine in question: Powertec V8

And they put them in these: Radical SR8

Edited by bubba

Well its different!!! lol

As for the TVR, are you sure there is a tow bar available for it :P

ye oldie TVR with a tow bar. Man i'd be worried i'd break the car in half. I wonder if you could put an SR20 into it..now that would be fun

ok sooo i didnt read most of the 1st post ....................... i just wanted to get on the band wagon. mmmmmmmmmm sr20 tvr. i think a 13bt would be more suited for such a small car