SAU Community

Major Service Help

long33

Hey guys, my cars sitting on about 99,600k's so the 100,000km service is goin to have to be done soon. Usually i service the car myself due to not trusting mechanics and not wantin to pay some-one to do soming i can do just fine (not take the car in for a service costing hundreds just for oil change, plugs and filters)

however the manual states that at the 100,000 mark things that need replaced are

oil

oil filter

drive belts

coolant

air filter (pod)

fuel filter

timing belt

break fluid

pwr steering fluid

diff gear oil

break pads etc

plugs

for me to do this would take quite some time and finding all those parts to suit the car might be trouble some i think, also some of those things id have no idea how to replace!

does neone know where i could get some-one to do all this? is it all covered by a mechanic if i ask for a major service? also if no mechanic would do all this where could i get all the parts that are direct replacements for the originals (dont want to go to supercheap and get cheap dud replacements)

i would prefer names of somewhere that would do all of these as works pretty busy atm.

any suggestions? where did YOU get your 100,000 service done????

thanks for all ur help

Irish

Hey guys, my cars sitting on about 99,600k's so the 100,000km service is goin to have to be done soon. Usually i service the car myself due to not trusting mechanics and not wantin to pay some-one to do soming i can do just fine (not take the car in for a service costing hundreds just for oil change, plugs and filters)

however the manual states that at the 100,000 mark things that need replaced are

oil

oil filter

drive belts

coolant

air filter (pod)

fuel filter

timing belt

break fluid

pwr steering fluid

diff gear oil

break pads etc

plugs

for me to do this would take quite some time and finding all those parts to suit the car might be trouble some i think, also some of those things id have no idea how to replace!

does neone know where i could get some-one to do all this? is it all covered by a mechanic if i ask for a major service? also if no mechanic would do all this where could i get all the parts that are direct replacements for the originals (dont want to go to supercheap and get cheap dud replacements)

i would prefer names of somewhere that would do all of these as works pretty busy atm.

any suggestions? where did YOU get your 100,000 service done????

thanks for all ur help

Irish

mate i can do all this stuff 4 u i can also machine your brake rotors as i have a brake lathe or u can just give me the rotors to machine up as i can do them on a weekend 4 u

dan and gav i had thought about. think i may give dan a bell as ive met him and he has helped me out a bit in the past.thing that im worried about is what ACTUALLY gets done to the car, i sorta want to bring it back to the condition it was in 50,000 ks ago, id like everything cleaned and/or replaced to sorta bring it back to the condition it was before it had been thrashed for the last year so i can up the boost in it and not wory bout something breaking or not being able to handle it. can such an old car with 15yr old componants take an increase in boost this late in the game without being rebuilt. id like the car to last a few more years!

ps thanks for the help again.

Making more power is almost always going to increase the amount of wear and the risk of things breaking. It's as much to do with how you drive it and how you look after it as how much boost you run or how much power you make though, up to a point of course lol

There are plenty of 33's getting around with 100k plus on them, and the vast majority have mods of some sort. I sold mine with 204,000km on the clock and the new owner has put another 30,000km on it since then, and it's still going strong. You should be fine as long as you don't go silly, but always remember that there are no guarantees with cars, particularly when modified!