SAU Community

Jaycar A/f Meter Or Boost Controller

j_casey87

hey guys just wondering if anyone has made up one of jaycars kits for boostcontrolers and a/f meters

ect. i just baught the a/f meter with the 10 leds post up some picks of where you mounted,pics of solderering ect

cheers josh

hey guys just wondering if anyone has made up one of jaycars kits for boost controlers and a/f meters

etc. i just bought the a/f meter with the 10 leds post up some picks of where you mounted,pics of solderering ect

cheers josh

Theres a comprehensive thread from SydneyKid regarding the boost controller, and others who've built them.

Their single wire AFR meter, as with all of them are a joke for anything more then telling you if your mixtures are "rich" or "lean" at idle.

High speed 4/5 wire units are about $4k, though the cheaper, $1000 units like the LM are very good.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

how accurate are the locally made ones. i havent looked over all the things for the local one, but one reason the LC1 is a favourite is because its not just a cheap unit, but sensors/guages etc are cheap too

Before you purchase a setup, id advise you check actual response rates of the setup, and accuracy with altitude change :)

Load tuning up mountains with a lesser setup will waste looots of time.