SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

And since I've been so sick for the past 3 weeks that I haven't been able to gym, and in my second session back I'm smashing pbs, I'll take the bro science thanks :)

I give 'you' all the credit for that effort because you are awesome!

Believe in yourself more. its your body doing those great lifts .so give it all the credit for the PBs. Backing yourself is very important to develop bigger lifts.

Brotien is just a food. Food gets credit for tasting good and thats about it.

Is placebo rage a recognized condition.

On topic, when people deload do they come back stronger.

I feel that I do, anyone else.

I have had breaks of 2months or longer in the past and come back stronger. I would suggest recovery period related. Once you are going fairly heavy it can take some time to recover to the point of breaking a plateu. Assuming you are eating and resting enough.

Just curious how much creatine people are taking and for how long?

I've been taking Max's Creatine for about 3-4 months now with some positive gains, but feel like I may be holding too much water around the waist area?

On days I train, I take 10g (5g in pre-workout shake and 5g post-workout shake) and on off days, I take just 5g. Is that overdoing it?

Just curious how much creatine people are taking and for how long?

I've been taking Max's Creatine for about 3-4 months now with some positive gains, but feel like I may be holding too much water around the waist area?

On days I train, I take 10g (5g in pre-workout shake and 5g post-workout shake) and on off days, I take just 5g. Is that overdoing it?

I take 6.5g a day, every day. It definitely retains water. I went off creatine for 3 weeks and had a six pack, and I look overweight in the stomach area now, but I believe it helps with my lifts so it's a sacrifice

• Like 1

I take 6.5g a day, every day. It definitely retains water. I went off creatine for 3 weeks and had a six pack, and I look overweight in the stomach area now, but I believe it helps with my lifts so it's a sacrifice

Cheers for the input L33SH. Did you notice any loss of muscle/size when you were off creatine? Or was it mainly around the stomach area?

I found creatine to be a waste really. Food and maybe a little protien straight after training and a long acting before you go to bed is the only thing worth while personally.

If you want something to make a difference gear up

Really? I found creatine to be quite helpful and have defiently noticed a big difference. I guess everyone's experience with it varies so all good :)

well known fact that creatine makes you retain more water.

its part of the reason as to how it helps the muscles grow and what not.

will you loose muscle going of creatine? no

will you gain muscle on creatine? a little not heaps. It wont make you huge, it will aid in recovery slightly and aid in development but that is about it.

Cheers for the input L33SH. Did you notice any loss of muscle/size when you were off creatine? Or was it mainly around the stomach area?

Really? I found creatine to be quite helpful and have defiently noticed a big difference. I guess everyone's experience with it varies so all good :)

what type of "big difference"?

When I went off creatine I found I just looked a bit leaner/more definition especially around stomach area. I wasn't training at the time so I don't know how much it affected my lifts.

I will defiantly be stopping creatine when I'm trying to get to my weight class (<80kg) for my next attempt at the comp board at work.

Last time I dropped about 5kg in a week, the only change was no creatine.

I hold a heap of water when I take it.

I take 5g per day as I feel it helps me with recovery.

I use the cheapest one I can find, ATM Bulk Nutrients get my vote for everything except multivitamins as I get them cheaper elsewhere.

I found creatine and straight carbs to be the best supplements, I always bought the expensive stuff and I saw real gains!

I did lose a few kilos once I stopped taking them both but I also lost a noticeable amount of strength.

I found creatine and straight carbs to be the best supplements, I always bought the expensive stuff and I saw real gains!

I did lose a few kilos once I stopped taking them both but I also lost a noticeable amount of strength.

Spot on there with the pure carbs. I actually buy ultra low carb but quality protien and put my own 2 scoops of pure carbs in after training and actually have one scoop of pure carbs pre work out. Notice the difference with carbs big time. especially getting vascular

Yep I did exactly the same thing mate, just mixed it into some scitec lean protein, I had awesome energy for workouts and it gave me a massive pump.

I used glycoject for carbs, and beast creature for creatine... expensive but damn it's good stuff

And since I've been so sick for the past 3 weeks that I haven't been able to gym, and in my second session back I'm smashing pbs, I'll take the bro science thanks :)

you don't think that having a 3 week break from gym might have given your muscles, joints adequate recovery it needed to perform at it's best which gave you a PB?

you don't think that having a 3 week break from gym might have given your muscles, joints adequate recovery it needed to perform at it's best which gave you a PB?

Normally I would say yes, but as I was so sick I have to say no on this occasion

God I love coming back to a thread like this after a while off, and seeing that the BS dribble-talk never stops.

Everybody talking like a lifting expert :rofl2:

Don't come back then :)

• Like 2