SAU Community

Common... R33 Rocker Cover Gasket Leak

Hi Guys,

I think the subject says it all but does anybody know where to get new rocker cover gaskets for a RB25det engine other than Nissan themselves? I rang Brighton Nissan today as I've been dealing with the guy there for years and he really looks after me price wise... well I hope he has, and he said that I'll be looking at $30.00 per side, there's actually 2, one for each cam but what I forgot to ask him was how much for the bolt seals coz they will also need replacing... no doubt.

I'm not to sure if the gaskets will come with the bolt seals but I'm guessing not... not 100% sure though meaning that there's about 20 odd bolt seals probably worth $3- $4 dollars each? it starts getting a little expensive! What do you guys think?

Does anyone know where to get new ones any cheaper with the bolt seals? Hope I don't sound like to much of a tight ass!

Thanks,

Gianni

• 1 month later...

Gianni did you end up getting the rocker cover seals from nissan? and if so did the come with the bolt seals? I've got to replace mine and there asking $33 per side now.

Thanks.

I don't think $33 is too bad. Mine aren't leaking at all, so I would think generally speaking they last around 8 years or more. That beats the hell out of Commodore gaskets which are about $10 but leak straight out of the packet :D

Make sure it is leaking before you go to the trouble of replacing them...

Quite common to spill oil down the intake side when topping the oil up and over time the spilt oil will progress towards the rear of the motor looking just like a leaky intake cam cover gasket...

Clean the oil off with a rag and some degreaser and see if the leak comes back... Mine didn't...

If it's the exhaust side though, probably rooted gasket...

Just my opinion tho...

• 3 years later...
Anyone know what the part numbers are? Also, would the washer be important. I cant find a dealer where i live that has the washers in stock. they've got the belts though.

I'd be keen on the part numbers as well, my r33 started to leak a bit if i dont let the car warm up...can this be done easily at home?? just unscrew the bolts for the rocker covers and replace the seals etc??

my rocker covers are leaking aswell "aparently" the other workshop i was at changed them... cops ass!!!

how much for gen nissan rocker cover gaskets, i also need a gen nissan exhaust manifold gasket..

therepost-17300-1160253786.jpg you go

Those aren't the part numbers you need....the Nissan parts guy will probably just stare blankly at you. It's much better to have the full VIN of the car but here's what to do:

- double click on the empty box to the right of the one that says 'Part No'

- enter the first three numbers of the 'Part Code' shown in your list....in this case 132....and hit return

- FAST may throw up another box asking which model/year for the car (but rocker cover gaskets are pretty common across the range so perhaps not). If it does you'll have to select (click on) the relevent car/year line in the pop-up.

- the full PN's should now appear in the main window, along with some other info.

Hope that helps

Called Nissan Today:

Rocket Cover Gaskets..

Part No. 13270-58S01 (1x Each)

Part No. 13270-58S11 (1x Each)

Washers (Rubber)

Part No. 13268-58S01 (1x Set of 20 Seals)

Hope this helps. Rob

Screen dump for you :thumbsup:

untitled1ce0.th.gif

Oh and the price was about $30 bucks or so think it was $36 but under $40 each. They should have them for me by the next day :thumbsup: also found the part number for the rubber seals it comes in a set of 20 which will set you back about $2.45 each a full set is about $49.50/

Is there much to replacing them??? just unscrew the rocket covers and replace the seals?? obviously in a clean environment so no contaminants get in.

Cheers Rob